Russell Barlow

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Russell Barlow

Post by just bob »

This is a very bad Russell Barlow where the blades have been put into the Bowers Barlow frame. You can still see the oval with the Bowers logo if you look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSELL-BARLOW ... Swve5dJiYf

Then a seller with a different user name, but from the same town that takes the same kind of pictures ( same guy?) is selling this as an antique, USA, Russell Barlow when in fact it is a modern, German reproduction that is pictured one of Dewey Ferguson's books. The seller was told of his misstatements and responded that if that is your opinion please do not bid. It is much more than an opinion when there are books with pictures proving a point positive. The 2 sellers combined and I assume it is the same guy has a slew of knives for sale. Most of which are way over priced, but this is another seller to add to the spurious list. Apparently he considers himself a knife man ( brothersknives), but has no intention of operating in an honorable fashion and should be avoided.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSELL-BARLOW ... OSwA-Vdnj4~
Attachments
russ.jpg
russ 1 .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
kootenay joe

Re: Russell Barlow

Post by kootenay joe »

The 2 sellers are the same guy. The same hand is in pictures for both seller names. Why 2 names ? So when a knife gets returned for being a fake, he can sell it again using other seller name.
kj
just bob

Post by just bob »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 am The 2 sellers are the same guy. The same hand is in pictures for both seller names. Why 2 names ? So when a knife gets returned for being a fake, he can sell it again using other seller name.
kj

Roland years ago I spotted a guy using 2 Ebay id's. The only thing I could think of was that it was for taxes. If you sell over $20K or whatever it is you get a W2. So if you have one account in your name and one in the name of your wife you could actually double the amount you could sell without getting a W2. Looks like the guy would at least try to be less obvious with his pictures. As you say almost certainly the same person with the same hand.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Andy w

Post by Andy w »

Thought I would update you worry worst, this listing has been changed. I know this guy personally. It had nothing to do with y'all, he has 1 personal eBay store that this knife is listed on, the other is one that belongs to his boss he gets paid to buy and sell KNIVES!! Imagine that he don't troll eBay trying to find fake knives for free😂😂😂that being said at his job he deals with a store front and between 6-7000 KNIVES from China made,german,USA, you name it. He's very knowledgeable in his own right. Back to his personal store he buys some on occasion his boys list when he sees mistake he fixes it. On top of all this you should see this fellas personal collection!!! 2nd to none!!! It just cracks some folks up some stuff thats on here is correct alot is. GREAT info but you should be more careful when you make personal assumptions about people because no what you read in a knife book it won't tell you about them. Thanks
Andy w

Post by Andy w »

As far as his knives being over priced, if you pay close enough attention while trolling most are buy it now OBO. He is a seasoned eBay seller and has learned how to price the knives to get selling offer. He has no trouble selling em
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hey Andy, thank you for your post. And you are absolutely correct: it is wrong to make assumptions especially when based on very little information.
I would very much like to see some of the knives in this fellow's great collection. Maybe he could send you a few pictures and you could post them here in this thread.
thanks and hoping for pictures,
kj
Andy w

Post by Andy w »

Few 6488 he sent
Attachments
imagejpeg_0.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That Russell is bad bad bad. ::barf::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Nothing changes the fact he is misrepresenting the barlow.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Andy w

Post by Andy w »

Hey edge213 you reckon the fact that he changed the listing has any effect on that fact?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

No, not really.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
just bob

Post by just bob »

I'm not sure I'm certain of who is selling these knives, who owns them, and who is listing them and I'm sure I'm too thick to understand why any person would need 2 ebay seller id's. There is a shop in the small town I live in and they will consign any item you bring in the front door to ebay. They don't have a separate id for each consignor and I don't get why you would need one? I also agree that it is wrong to make inappropriate comments about the integrity of ebay knife sellers. We are all human and all make mistakes and none of us are without fault. I meant no disrespect to anyone in my OP. I kind of have a morning ritual and do a couple of ebay searches in the morning while drinking a coffee. I look at the Russell Barlow listings almost daily. I noticed the German made reproduction mentioned in the OP and contacted the seller, politely as a courtesy. This is his unedited response to my comments on his knife copied and pasted from the ebay messages; " If that's your conclusion I wouldn't bid if I were you thanks" After I read that and noticed the seller didn't edit or end the listing I came to AAPK and posted the knife in this forum so others wouldn't bid on it thinking they would get an authentic, original knife. I notice now the listing for that knife has been taken down by the seller so apparently this knife is no longer an issue. BTW here is another ebay current listing of a German made reproduction that is almost identical to the knife in the OP and notice this seller's description and asking price. Quite a difference from the knife in the OP.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-Barlow ... SwUUxauo0c

There were 2 Russell Barlow knives mentioned in the OP and the listing for the German reproduction has been ended. However the listing for the other knife with the Russell blades in the Bower Barlow frame is alive and well and up and running. This is an across the room fake. As I said I am unsure who has considerable knowledge on knives, but someone has dropped the ball here. This is certainly not a nice, used knife as described.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSELL-BARLOW ... Swve5dJiYf

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone. Broken, damaged, repaired, altered, and even counterfeit knives are sold on ebay day after day. IMO no ethical harm has been done so long as the seller is giving an accurate description of the item so the buyer is made aware of exactly what they are getting and what condition the item is in. Selling reproductions as authentic, original knives is a no no. Others may disagree with this and I understand and respect different points of view.

Thank you for posting the pics of the 88's. That is the most I have ever seen in one place.

Andy w

Post by Andy w »

Just Bob, it's not that an individual can't be wrong about a knife or anything else. You was indeed right about the said BARLOW but I have WATCHED this site for some time now. I've just set and smiled at times when the folks were dogging someone on this counterfeit list. Me personally I have collected schrades mostly CUT COs and WALDEN all my life there is times when this page misses it and jumps to conclusions. Probably owes some people apology. While some folks should be banned from ebay I agree. Others make honest mistakes.
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

Be aware when reassuring comments are made about an item being sold on ebay. While it is true anyone can make a mistake when posting an item, I have found that sellers that have a rep for selling counterfeit items, continually make reassuring comments about the item.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”