Buyer beware - old Ulster Scout knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Buyer beware - old Ulster Scout knife

Post by Miller Bro's »

Aside from the bail not being the style you normally see on this era knife I believe the knife is original.
AAPK Janitor
Pile Driver

Post by Pile Driver »

What do we think of this knife? No reverse tang stamp.
Attachments
2018-06-18 12.28.20.jpg
2018-06-18 12.27.51.jpg
2018-06-18 12.28.39.jpg
2018-06-18 12.29.04.jpg
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

Nice knife , I wouldn’t worry so much about not having a pattern number , not all that uncommon, only issue is the incorrect bail .
Very possible these were put together from parts after WWII
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
Pile Driver

Post by Pile Driver »

ScoutKnives wrote:Nice knife , I wouldn’t worry so much about not having a pattern number , not all that uncommon, only issue is the incorrect bail .
Could it be a war time knife as discussed throughout this thread? Post Dwight Devine era? It looks like some other knives I've seen. It's extremely heavy because of all the steel involved.
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

Yes a very good possibility that it’s a war time era knife , I said after WWII because of the type of bail that’s on it , that bail looks to be a post war style .

Pile Driver wrote:
ScoutKnives wrote:Nice knife , I wouldn’t worry so much about not having a pattern number , not all that uncommon, only issue is the incorrect bail .
Could it be a war time knife as discussed throughout this thread? Post Dwight Devine era? It looks like some other knives I've seen. It's extremely heavy because of all the steel involved.
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

ronfish, that has to be one of the best/nicest collection of knives I have ever seen! I was wondering approximately what year would I have seen that Remington Scout Knives wooden tray display in my local hardware store? I love it! Thanks for sharing!
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Threads like this are very informative. Thanks to those who have posted comments!
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”