B&S blade delete

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

B&S blade delete

Post by glennbad »

I did a blade delete on one of the Beer & Sausage GEC knives. The first thing I noticed was how weak the snap was on the blades. I asked the owner about it, and he says they were pretty much all like that.

Anyway, they wanted the beard comb deleted, but made into a single by itself. He requested tortoise acrylic, and no liners. Turned out pretty cool.
B&S.jpg
B&S comb.jpg
That comb reminds me of some of the older folding combs they used to have back in the day.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: B&S blade delete

Post by doglegg »

Great idea and perfect results.
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

The comb looks much better as a stand alone item (why is there a comb on a beer & sausage knife?). That acrylic tortoise shell is nice looking stuff and the comb/knife turned out great!
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That does look great. And he is right about the snap being weak on those, very weak on the comb. I had one of those modified by MuskratMan but had the comb taken off to make it a single blade. The comb isn’t my favorite option on a knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Looks great!! ::tu::
Nev
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice work, glenn. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Very cool.

Great job Glenn!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Looks great!

Years ago, on a Science Channel show featuring Victorinox's factory, the current Elsener running the company showed a number of various prototypes of knives with tools that were not produced--there was one that had a comb. It was explained they didn't go through with it for hygenic reasons. Don't understand why GEC did. It's also the reason I have started carrying dedicated nail clippers, as I often also open food with the scissors on a knife. Also why I like metal files on my multitools, but not my Swiss Army Knives. It is always right beside the blades on all Victorinox models.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

cody6268 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:17 pm Looks great!

Years ago, on a Science Channel show featuring Victorinox's factory, the current Elsener running the company showed a number of various prototypes of knives with tools that were not produced--there was one that had a comb. It was explained they didn't go through with it for hygenic reasons. Don't understand why GEC did. It's also the reason I have started carrying dedicated nail clippers, as I often also open food with the scissors on a knife. Also why I like metal files on my multitools, but not my Swiss Army Knives. It is always right beside the blades on all Victorinox models.
Yeah, nothing seems wrong with having a beard comb and a sausage fork in the same knife, LOL!
robpa

Post by robpa »

Buy a little better sausage, ya wont have to comb the hairs out of it!

reckon Im a bit crude, I use my knife to pick the horses foot, cut bale strings, slab off a hunk a cheese and slice my rib eye. I think it hepls with overall immunity to all things.

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”