Few rehandled Case Sodbusters, Camillus and ZT

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Crowfoot

Re: Few rehandled Case Sodbusters, Camillus and ZT

Post by Crowfoot »

10900194_799919763414858_2872167447693411848_o.jpg
10917966_799919753414859_6546016424176844818_o.jpg
10917966_799919753414859_6546016424176844818_o.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
just bob

Post by just bob »

Great work on your knives. I also enjoyed your video and looking at your shop and tools. Funny mine isn't near that clean? Just curious can you buy Case knives off the shelf in Russia? Have made in China knives saturated the market there as they have here? Post us some more pictures and God speed.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Crowfoot

Post by Crowfoot »

just bob wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:40 pm Great work on your knives. I also enjoyed your video and looking at your shop and tools. Funny mine isn't near that clean? Just curious can you buy Case knives off the shelf in Russia? Have made in China knives saturated the market there as they have here? Post us some more pictures and God speed.
Thanks. Now in my workshop. Narratin text for two next videos. We have only one Greedy Case dealer at Moscow. Case knives unpopular in Russia but known. I bought Case knives at US it is about 98,9 % of my collection. And yes, china knives flood our markets. Nobody care because they are so cheap. But quality is so low. But sometime quality is perfect and price suddenly rise up ;) and picture of what do you wanna see?
TPK

Post by TPK »

Hi Crowfoot,

I just started collecting knive this past spring so I still have to learn a lot. Can you tell me how you cleaned the blades on the last pictures you posted? What do you use? ::shrug::

And I love the file work you do on the springs, it looks great, but does that have any effect on the blade snap 5 or 10 years latter? Do the springs weaken faster than springs that have not been filed? Just curious. ::shrug::

Thank you for your time,
Tom
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Crowfoot

Post by Crowfoot »

TPK wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:49 pm Hi Crowfoot,

I just started collecting knive this past spring so I still have to learn a lot. Can you tell me how you cleaned the blades on the last pictures you posted? What do you use? ::shrug::

And I love the file work you do on the springs, it looks great, but does that have any effect on the blade snap 5 or 10 years latter? Do the springs weaken faster than springs that have not been filed? Just curious. ::shrug::

Thank you for your time,
Tom
I use sandpaper and hands. Something around 1000 grit. If wears strong - 600. Start from low to high 600-1000-1500-2000 (maybe 5000) and polish after =)
Polish with Dialux but use Russian analog "ГОИ" it is abbreviation from Government Optical Institute (bricks of it have only one, green color)
About back springs I do not think that filework makes it weak a lot. It would be but with aggressive ornament. Also I know that it would be weak with time without filework. By the way you need to use well made knives and enjoy without worrying ::woot::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Crowfoot wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:28 pm
TPK wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:49 pm Hi Crowfoot,

Thank you for your time,
Tom
I use sandpaper and hands. Something around 1000 grit. If wears strong - 600. Start from low to high 600-1000-1500-2000 (maybe 5000) and polish after =)
Polish with Dialux but use Russian analog "ГОИ" it is abbreviation from Government Optical Institute (bricks of it have only one, green color)
About back springs I do not think that filework makes it weak a lot. It would be but with aggressive ornament. Also I know that it would be weak with time without filework. By the way you need to use well made knives and enjoy without worrying ::woot::
Thanks! ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Very nice work, thanks for showing it!
rustyoldknife
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by rustyoldknife »

Crowfoot,

Very nice work, they are diffidently works of Art ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks for showing
David
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

You have a real talent Sergey. And it keeps getting better. I am very jealous my friend. If I could do that, I would very little else.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”