Well..... I bit.... hook, line and sinker... LOL

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Well..... I bit.... hook, line and sinker... LOL

Post by Dinadan »

Mike - Pretty much any knife that is $11 shipped is more fun that $11 in my wallet. You have something that is unique, anyway, and it does not look bad at all. Clean it up and enjoy, if the walk and talk are okay. Sometimes I see an old shell knife that is dirt cheap and I just cannot stop myself from buying it, even though I know it is not a quality knife. And guess what. I never regret buying!
Mel
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm Thanks Allen. The 1st Sgt said that was a good move. ::woot:: I was just being the guinea pig so no one else would make the same mistake. It's my altruistic side coming out. :roll:

On the bright side, I was showing them to my buddy yesterday and he was admiring it so I offered one to him. He took it but then he's a train guy and not a knife guy. :lol: :lol:
Jerry you have an altruistic side and a bright side!!?? I think I am stuck with the plain old left side and right side. :( :roll: ::shrug::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

doglegg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:21 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm Thanks Allen. The 1st Sgt said that was a good move. ::woot:: I was just being the guinea pig so no one else would make the same mistake. It's my altruistic side coming out. :roll:

On the bright side, I was showing them to my buddy yesterday and he was admiring it so I offered one to him. He took it but then he's a train guy and not a knife guy. :lol: :lol:
Jerry you have an altruistic side and a bright side!!?? I think I am stuck with the plain old left side and right side. :( :roll: ::shrug::
Now you're not leaving that one at my doorstep. Man up. Take responsibility for your plain sides. ::woot:: :lol: :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Dinadan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 pm Mike - Pretty much any knife that is $11 shipped is more fun that $11 in my wallet. You have something that is unique, anyway, and it does not look bad at all. Clean it up and enjoy, if the walk and talk are okay. Sometimes I see an old shell knife that is dirt cheap and I just cannot stop myself from buying it, even though I know it is not a quality knife. And guess what. I never regret buying!
Yep, you are 100% right Mel. That will be a good one to tote and the price wasn't too awful bad.
Shoot, it just might even be fun to mechanic on and dress up a bit. I should have it in my hand (and pocket) early next week.

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Whew! And here I was thinking I was the only one who bought rare gems and turned out to be stinkers! Yours looks a lot better than most of my mistakes!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Well, I just got this little joker in my hands. It's pretty much a train wreck.
The spear point blade that was added doesn't even get close to fitting. It doesn't EVER engage the back spring. SO... no snap, no NOTHING.
The other 2 blades look to be original to a 58 OT...... but..... the main blade must have come from a smaller knife. Look at the pull.... it just disappears down into the blade well. AND, the tip of the blade is up out of the blade well. If it were down inside then the pull would almost disappear.
main blade 2.JPG
ALSO.... This new ....LOL.... main blade that was added is too straight on the outside edge and it scrapes the liner from opening to closing. What a MESS....
Main blade 1.JPG
Well, I guess I have a parts knife I might be able to harvest a blade from.
I just looked at the sellers pictures..... They were ALL pictures with the knife open.
So there you go.

PAY ATTENTION MIKIE!!

:lol:
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

And another thing I just noticed.....

This is a 108 OT that was modded up not even a 58 OT to start with...

IT....
ulster 1.jpg
A 108 OT...
108 OT.jpg
Oh well......
::facepalm::

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”