Looking for a Anodizing Outfit

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Looking for a Anodizing Outfit

Post by stagman »

Can you Re- Anodize aluminum ??? And if so...does anyone here on AAPK
know of any Outfits you can send your knife to to have the job done ???

I just bought (spose to be here thursday) a Pro Tech TR-4 Manual tacital
type knife....aluminum handles,,,black anodized,,,wicked 4" blade,,,I think
its 5 1/2" closed,,deep carry pocket clip,,,etc.
I would like to get the handles done in one color and the screws and pocket clip in another color
So I am striking out so far contacting outfits I googled up, not taking any work,,,,
Would appreciate any help on a trustworthy outfit to do this job...

I am also gonna get a engraving done locally,,, the knife with its colors going on it,,,and engraving,,,
is really I tribute to my wife of 47 yrs I just lost 39 days ago....she saw a anodized knife and made a very extensive comment on it
about a year or so ago,she loved the look and so did I,,,and I am gonna duplicate that knife with this one with a personal engraved message
on it,,,just having a little bit of her in the form of a knife in my pocket daily will tickle me plum up !!!
Sorry for the ramble on,,,but when you go thru a deal like this,,,well,, their just ain't no words.............

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
donjr

Re: Looking for a Anodizing Outfit

Post by donjr »

Will, I know of no one that does that, But just wanted to say I am Sorry for your loss. The spouses of us Knife Nuts are Very, Very Special!!. don
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

Sorry to hear about your loss!

Anodizing aluminum is a pretty involved process, and the screws couldn't be done at all since they are likely steel

Have you thought about doing Cerakote? Ceramic based firearm coating, Boatloads of color options. I've had everything from knife steels and aluminum gun parts to watch parts coated with the bake on version. it's reasonably resilient to everyday wear and has a number of finish options

The two places i've used I don't know that I recommend anymore (been way to long since I've used them, private contacts - so I don't know if they are in business anymore) and my watch guy just stopped offering the service because his coating provider is up to a 3+ month wait time.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Adam,,,I had never heard of Cerakote....man a whole lot of gun outfits
are using this process to make weapons impervious to the weather...
I already did a search and found 2 outfits within 55 miles of me that do this process
I filled out a form on one, and will call the other on monday
I like this way better than anodizing...
Thank You very much for bringing this cool process to lite for me...... ::handshake::
my knife might just very well end up with a Cerakote finish on it
And thanks Don

Best
Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

Happy to help my friend!

Cerakote is relatively new, but in the last couple years I've seen the people that do it go from doing solid colors to some really amazing stuff on firearms. From my experience it really holds up well compared to all of the old coatings I was used to that just flaked off or scratched real easy.

Make sure you post us some pictures when you get it done!

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”