TL-29 Beer Scout mod with Amber smooth bone

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Stakeknife

Re: TL-29 Beer Scout mod with Amber smooth bone

Post by Stakeknife »

Lookin awsome. Wish I could send you a beer scout merit badge! Polish it up so it makes a beer bottle look dull! ::ds::
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
ea42

Post by ea42 »

VERY cool mod Randy, it looks amazing already!

Eric
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Thanks Eric! Did some mods, added a little saw cut jigging and nickle silver pins.This is the mock up.
IMGP0020.JPG
IMGP0021.JPG
Here is the almost finished Beer Scout! Just some touch up left and still need to put a lime slicing sharp edge on her!
IMGP0022.JPG
IMGP0023.JPG
IMGP0024.JPG
IMGP0025.JPG
IMGP0026.JPG
IMGP0027.JPG
Hope you like it Ed! Great choice in handle material, that amber bone has the amber beer color, perfect for a beer scout! Hard to see it in the pics, but I put a satin finish on the bolsters to off set all the shine and color. If your like shiny bolsters Ed let me know and I'll put a shine on em'!
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

That is one beautiful #27 Beer Scout, Randy! ::tu:: I have no doubt Ed is going to be happy as can be. ::nod::
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Thanks Tony! You know what? I have this vision of a Barlow Beer Scout..... I have another TL 29 the same vintage as Ed's. Well when I find the time that is. ::nod:: Now that would be a rare Barlow for sure! ::tu::

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”