Case Sodbuster jr modification

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
akg32898

Case Sodbuster jr modification

Post by akg32898 »

Hi all,
I have been longing for a Case sodbuster jr for some time now, but was disappointed to see that case only made the CV with the yellow handles. Since the price point for a new one is so low, I decided to buy one and rehandle with either maroon micarta or maple burl but I don't know where to start. I have built a few lock backs before as well as taken some old ones apart to see how they work, but I am unfamiliar with slip joints. I did a quick search and found a couple of explanations, but they were quite old so none of the pictures would show up. Does anyone have any tips or even a step by step explanation that would help me? Anything would be helpful as I am basically going into this blind!
just bob

Re: Case Sodbuster jr modification

Post by just bob »

“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
akg32898

Post by akg32898 »

Just Bob,
Is the process the same even though the link showed a liner lock? I did look through that thread earlier but thought there may be differences since the one that I'm looking to rehandle is a slip joint.
Thanks!
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Case makes a sodbuster jr in CV with beautiful chestnut bone handles....
Attachments
20160609_181321.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I think the process would be the same for the jr. as it was for the liner lock but probably much easier since you don't have the lock to work around or the birdseye rivet to contend with on the jr.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

I hafta agree with Mike, the Chestnut Brown Bone Jr is a spectacular rendition with a slim frame and Case's CV blade, it partners very knicely with the Chestnut Brown Bone Swayback Jack.
DSC_4664.JPG[/attachment ][attachment=0]DSC_4664.JPG
Attachments
DSC_4664.JPG
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I've got me one of those soddie jr. knives in chestnut bone too. It's a personal favorite.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Those new sodbuster jr's are nice. To answer your question. Yes the process is the same. If you have done lock backs you can do a sodbuster. No liner lock makes it easier! And with no Birdseye rivets it's less complicated. If you do one we would love to see it when it's done! ::tu::

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”