A Trio of MC-1s

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A Trio of MC-1s

Post by muskrat man »

Been a little while since I posted anything so I thought I'd post these three Schrade MC-1s built from factory parts with fancy synthetic handles
Attachments
100_5046 (800x600).jpg
100_5043 (800x600).jpg
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
#goldpan

Re: A Trio of MC-1s

Post by #goldpan »

Those are real coool Kaleb! You got the touch ::tu:: Thanks for posting!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Oh boy! Those are really nice, Kaleb!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Very nicely done MM. I'd have a hard time picking which one I like the best. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Kaleb, those are real nice! ::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Those pocket knives are a "touch of class" and are suitable for "dress carry". (I'd carry any of those in my sport jacket pocket anytime)! ::tu:: 8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are gorgeous, you do excellent work. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I agree, they are classy..Beautiful work, Kaleb.
Captain O wrote:Those pocket knives are a "touch of class" and are suitable for "dress carry". (I'd carry any of those in my sport jacket pocket anytime)! ::tu:: 8)
Captain O, I was going to ask what a sports jacket was but a buddy just stopped by and said you were talking about the church, wedding, funeral, get a bank loan coat I have in the back corner of the closet. After a little discussion we figured the Sports part came from city folk wearing them when they took out sporting women.:D
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I understand. Some men rarely dress well unless they are going to church, a wedding, funeral, or when the hear the well-worn phrase "will the defendant please rise". :roll: I wear dress jackets as a matter of course unless it is freezing cold. I like dressing well because it is uplifting and lends class to the neighborhood. Men that dress well garner respect. That is a fact of life. Some people feel intimidated by it, while others appreciate it. ::shrug::

I routinely carry a Victorinox Traveller, a Case CV Yellow Delrin Peanut, and either a Queen Red Stag Barlow (#69 1/2) with D2 steel blades or a Queen Curly Zebra Medium Stockman (also with D2 steel blades. Behind my hip, I carry either my Schrade Old Timer "Sharpfinger" (152OT) or my Old Timer Boot Knife (162OT). Not everyone dresses in "working casual" style. It is easy to hide a fairly good-sized fixed-blade knife without playing "peek-a-boo" with the public.

Where I'm living is densely populated by the recovering alcoholics and drug users. There are decent people and there are "village idiots". Sometimes the decent people fall into poverty and others wallow in their own iniquity and self-destructive behavior. ::dang:: I was complimented on my dress this afternoon. ::tu::

I find it convenient.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

those are beautiful, very nice work!! ::tu::
Dan
Dan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Way to upgrade those old knife parts with modern materials. Outstanding work Kaleb! ::tu::

Nothing wrong with looking nice captain O.
During my working years I routinely wore a sports coat or suit with starched shirts and tie. Now that I am retired I think I have given away all the suits and sportcoats I owned.
My attire varies little from day to day, T-shirt & jeans.
Usually I wear loggers jeans with suspenders, sometimes I wear regular jeans. On very rare occasion casual pants and a starched shirt if I am going to a wedding or funeral. I have to officiate at a memorial service next month, I may wear a tie also, but that is still undecided.
To me comfort is most important and jeans & T-shirts = comfort.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Captain O wrote:
Where I'm living is densely populated by the recovering alcoholics and drug users. There are decent people and there are "village idiots". Sometimes the decent people fall into poverty and others wallow in their own iniquity and self-destructive behavior. ::dang:: I was complimented on my dress this afternoon. ::tu::

I find it convenient.
I was just having a little fun with the sports comment...now as for being complimented on your dress...I'm not going to touch that one...how a person wants to live is their business... I say live and let live ::shrug::
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”