Opinel display knife

Post by djknife13 »

Here's a display knife I picked up somewhere.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01537.JPG
cody6268

Re: Opinel display knife

Post by cody6268 »

Nice! The 13, I think is produced without the display.

I have the 12, which is already stupidly huge (it's over 6" closed), but can do fixed blade jobs. So large, Opinel sells a serrated version as a bread/cheese/sausage knife as a part of a picnic set. The 7 is my favorite size for EDC. I currently have 6,7, 9 DIY, and 12. Thinking about adding the popular #8 model to my collection. The 10 should be more appropriate for "big knife" jobs as it's Folding Hunter sized, not "Abrams Tank" size like the 12.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

cody6268 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:27 pm Nice! The 13, I think is produced without the display.

I have the 12, which is already stupidly huge (it's over 6" closed), but can do fixed blade jobs. So large, Opinel sells a serrated version as a bread/cheese/sausage knife as a part of a picnic set. The 7 is my favorite size for EDC. I currently have 6,7, 9 DIY, and 12. Thinking about adding the popular #8 model to my collection. The 10 should be more appropriate for "big knife" jobs as it's Folding Hunter sized, not "Abrams Tank" size like the 12.
Somewhere around here I have the box of the full set of Opinels. It doesn't have one as big as the display or the hawkbill version which I also bought. I have a few old ones which are great using knives.___Dave
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Joseph Opinel.jpg
Opinels1.jpg

Return to “Other US-made Knives”