My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco »

Half the size sounds just about right Sam! Fortunately my days of deep water are well in the past! lol! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have 2 more traditional manual folders to post today guys! They're nearly identical in appearance, but were built by 2 different companies, and 2 different lengths. In the top pic is a Kriegar 9" OAL lockback stiletto/SS bayonet blade with nail-nic, SS bolsters liners and screws, and dark wood scales. Weighs about 3 oz.'s and arrived shaving-sharp. This piece is marked "Kriegar" on the front tang, and "KG 148" on the rear tang. The 2nd knife is a Benchmark 10 3/4" OAL lockback stiletto/SS bayonet blade with nail-nic and blood grooves on both sides, SS bolsters and screws, brass liners, and also has dark wood scales. This one's a little beefier at 4 oz.'s, and also arrived sharp. It's marked "Benchmark" on the front tang, and "BMK035" on the back tang. I saw a Youtube video of a guy that could open these manual knives with only 1 hand, by holding the knife with his thumb and 1st finger and depressing the lockback release with the knuckle on his 3rd finger, and using a jerking down motion the blade flew open and locked. He could close it in the same manner. When I tried this, the knife went flying out of my hand, and I wasn't interested enough to put the practise in! I included a 3rd picture showing the difference in length. These are actually pretty nice knives, and certainly satisfied me before I was able to acquire the real-deal! 8)
WIN_20200819_10_52_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200819_10_53_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200819_10_55_28_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I'm kinda partial to the stiletto style too.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I like that style too Mark. Very nice.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam and Mark! ::handshake:: This is also my favorite style of knife, ::tu:: preferably as an auto, but the manuals are pretty cool as well! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have a pair of Italians to post today guys, and I made a minor modification to both. Some of you traditionalists out there may be a bit upset with my mods, but I collect knives to keep and enjoy, and not to re-sell, so I want them the way I want them, and this is what prompted me to alter these. They are A.G.A. Campolin 9" OAL manual lockback swing-guards that I removed the S/G's from to make them "icepicks", because I've never really been a fan of S/G's. These knives are built to the exact specs of their automatic counterparts minus the auto mechanisms. I currently have the auto version on my radar to buy, and yes, when it arrives I'll remove it's S/G as well. They have SS dagger blades with no nail-nics, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and Cocobolo and Ebony scales respectively. They weigh about 4 oz.'s apiece, and came with only the bottom edges sharpened. Due to them not having nail-nics it's necessary for me to use a nail to start the blades out of the channels, but once that's done I store them on display cards in the open position, so to have to open them in this manner doesn't happen very often. According to the builder there were only 125 of each blade grind produced, so someday these will be rare knives, but mine won't fall into that category due to my mod, but as I stated, my knives are strictly for my enjoyment while I'm here on planet psycho, so that fact doesn't affect me in the least! My apologies though to those who feel what I've done is sacrilegious! 8)
WIN_20200820_13_47_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200820_13_47_52_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Not sure I understand how the blade is deployed on these two. I understand about taking the swing guard off, I have seen several knives for sale that have them removed. I don’t mind a swing guard on a knife. Although I do think it isn’t going to help protect the user much from harm. Not completely sure how swing guards got started, that would be an interesting piece of history.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Your knife do what you want with it but I'd keep the guards cause you just never know.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Marco, there is method to your madness. With the impressive variety and number of your knives and with a wide range of quality you are developing a unique and highly interesting collection. I would find it interesting to know the country of origin for each knife.Anyway, well done sir.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mark! Because the knives have NO nail-nics it's necessary for me to insert any type of steel nail,(finishing nail, roofing nail, etc.) the tip of another knife, or even a small screwdriver into the blade channel at the bottom, and gently lift the tip of the blade out enough to grab it with my fingers, and then just pull it open the rest of the way. If the S/G's were still on, you simply grasp them while the blade is closed, and since they aren't on there tightly but still attached to the blade, they kind of "float", so when you pull on them they bring the blade out of the channel. Think of it as if it were a thumb-stud, and instead of using your thumb on the hand that's holding the knife to push on the stud to bring the blade out, you would use your thumb and first finger of your other hand to grasp the stud and pull on it to bring the blade out. That's the scenario IF the S/G is on the knife, but since I removed them there's nothing to grasp onto, so the blade must be pried up from the bottom with a nail, etc. until it's out enough to grasp and pull out the rest of the way. If I had any straws I'd simply slip the end onto the tip of the blade and pull it up, but since I don't have a straw I just use a nail or screwdriver. Another way to look at it would be, if I had rubber gloves I could just grab the blade and pull it out, but since I don't, my fingers just slip off the blade as I try to pull it out. As I stated, once the knives are open I put them on my display cards in the open position, so opening and closing the blade isn't an issue, but, if the knives were daily users it would be extremely inconvenient to have to open them in the way that I do. I too don't know who started installing S/G's, but the reason I believe was as finger protectors, since stilettos are stabbing knives, so one wouldn't want their fingers to slide up the handle and make contact with the sharp edges on the blade. Some guys claim that S/G knives have a completely unique sound and feel when they open, but never having owned an auto S/G myself I couldn't vouch for that. I'll do some research to see if there's a history of how S/G's got started. I'll do my best to show what I just explained in some pics! 8)
WIN_20200821_12_15_51_Pro.jpg
In this pic, I would be grasping the S/G, if it had them, to pull the blade out.
WIN_20200821_12_16_14_Pro.jpg
In this pic, I've used in this case a small screwdriver to lift the blade up enough to grab it and pull the blade open. Hope this clears it up for you!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes I did keep the guards Sam, for just the reason you stated, "you just never know"! Should it be necessary to re-install them, it's a simple matter of inserting a small pin and then peening it! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for your kind words Garry! ::handshake:: I wish I could provide you with country of origin for each knife, but unfortunately many of them have absolutely no markings so your guess is as good as mine. I think it would be a safe bet to assume that many of the cheap knives likely originate in China, but that's simply a guess on my part! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mark, that explains it well. I thought from your post about how you open this, that is what you meant, but I thought surely it wouldn’t be that inconvenient. But it is. I would think that using a nail would run the risk of dulling the blade. Like when my wife runs the blade of a kitchen knife over a fork. I cringe every time I have to use a knife pick to open a blade. I try to be extremely careful not to scratch the metal. I’m probably the obsessive one when it comes to marring a surface. That’s also why I park my car way out in the parking lot away from all the other cars.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have a 7-pack of pretty nice Italians to post today fellas! I ordered all 7 together so it seemed fitting to post them together. The 1st. knife is an 8 3/8" OAL brass-body slip-joint folder handmade by M. Fraracco in Italy/SS spear-point blade with nail-nic, SS pins, no liners since the knife is only 3/16" at the widest point, and an extremely strong pull on the non-locking slip-joint action. Weighs a paltry 1.5 oz.'s and arrived extremely sharp. Has "Siciliano/made in Italy" etched on the front blade, as well as a logo and "INOX" and "M. Fraracco" deep-stamped on the front tang. In the 2nd. pic is the identical knife as the 1st., but for it's SS body. The 3rd. pic is an 8 3/8" OAL slip-joint folder/SS spear-point blade with nail-nic, SS bolsters liners pins and bail, and white ABS scales. Weighs-in at a more respectable 2.5 oz.'s. Similar markings and stamps with an additional logo and "M.Fraracco" stamped on the bolsters. In the 4th. pic is a 9 1/2" OAL from tip-to-end of bail slip-joint folder with all the same specs, markings, and stamps except for it's black ABS scales and 3.5 oz. weight. In the 5th. pic is a carbon-copy of the 4th. knife, but for it's brass bolsters. In the 6th. and 7th. pictures are the big brothers of the knives in pics 4 and 5, only longer at 11 1/2" and weighing 4.5 oz.'s each. And finally in the last 2 pics are the 2 brothers together to show the size difference. All 7 knives have very strong pulls, and even with the application of Q.R. oil they're still very strong but a bit more smooth. Any one of these knives would make for an excellent EDC! The entire order cost me US$158. including the shipping, which I thought was phenomenal for such well-built knives! 8)
WIN_20200821_12_58_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_12_59_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_00_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_01_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_02_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_03_09_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_03_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_04_21_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200821_13_05_24_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 pm Mark, that explains it well. I thought from your post about how you open this, that is what you meant, but I thought surely it wouldn’t be that inconvenient. But it is. I would think that using a nail would run the risk of dulling the blade. Like when my wife runs the blade of a kitchen knife over a fork. I cringe every time I have to use a knife pick to open a blade. I try to be extremely careful not to scratch the metal. I’m probably the obsessive one when it comes to marring a surface. That’s also why I park my car way out in the parking lot away from all the other cars.
I'm with ya Mark, it bothers me to no end to risk scratching the blade with another metal object, and that's why I mentioned a plastic straw to just slip over the blade tip and pull up. Although, I'm very guilty of dragging my knife across my fork to clean the food off of it. In the pic I used a very small Phillips screwdriver and the tip of the blade just slipped into one of the notches on the tip of the Phillips and didn't slide around so it worked, but it was still a risk. It certainly is inconvenient to have to do this, but fortunately I only need to do this on rare occasions. What is a "knife pick", is that a special tool to use when one needs to open a blade in this manner, or were you just speaking in general terms? I'm pretty obsessive too when it comes to damaging a nice shiny surface, and, I think it's brilliant to park away from the other vehicles to help avoid dings, cause so many people just fling their doors open with no regard for the cars beside them. Glad I could explain this for you!
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mark, A knife pick is used for opening blades. A.G. Russell has the best one. I have 4 or 5 different ones that were given to me over the years and the A.G. Russell one is the best of the bunch. Except they call it a steel thumbnail. Which makes it very hard to find when you search their website. If you don’t have the correct name it doesn’t come up in their search field. One thing they don’t show in this photo is how there is an angle to this so that if it’s not working in one direction it will if you flip it over. So narrow nail nicks don’t cause it to slip off and scratch the blade. A very smart feature.
Attachments
IMG_0478.jpeg
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 pm Mark, that explains it well. I thought from your post about how you open this, that is what you meant, but I thought surely it wouldn’t be that inconvenient. But it is. I would think that using a nail would run the risk of dulling the blade. Like when my wife runs the blade of a kitchen knife over a fork. I cringe every time I have to use a knife pick to open a blade. I try to be extremely careful not to scratch the metal. I’m probably the obsessive one when it comes to marring a surface. That’s also why I park my car way out in the parking lot away from all the other cars.
I'm with ya Mark, it bothers me to no end to risk scratching the blade with another metal object, and that's why I mentioned a plastic straw to just slip over the blade tip and pull up. Although, I'm very guilty of dragging my knife across my fork to clean the food off of it. In the pic I used a very small Phillips screwdriver and the tip of the blade just slipped into one of the notches on the tip of the Phillips and didn't slide around so it worked, but it was still a risk. It certainly is inconvenient to have to do this, but fortunately I only need to do this on rare occasions. What is a "knife pick", is that a special tool to use when one needs to open a blade in this manner, or were you just speaking in general terms? I'm pretty obsessive too when it comes to damaging a nice shiny surface, and, I think it's brilliant to park away from the other vehicles to help avoid dings, cause so many people just fling their doors open with no regard for the cars beside them. Glad I could explain this for you!
Try pushing down on the lock on the back of the knife, might take some pressure of the blade and you may be able to open it with your thumb and index finger. Worth a try.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam, a very good idea, but I just tried it and the blade is far too slippery to get a good grip on. I think I'll get one of those "knife picks" or "steel thumbnails" that Mark just told me about. Thanks anyway, it was a good thought! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:04 pm Mark, A knife pick is used for opening blades. A.G. Russell has the best one. I have 4 or 5 different ones that were given to me over the years and the A.G. Russell one is the best of the bunch. Except they call it a steel thumbnail. Which makes it very hard to find when you search their website. If you don’t have the correct name it doesn’t come up in their search field. One thing they don’t show in this photo is how there is an angle to this so that if it’s not working in one direction it will if you flip it over. So narrow nail nicks don’t cause it to slip off and scratch the blade. A very smart feature.
Thanks Mark! I had no idea there was such a useful tool like this available. I'll have to get myself one. Besides using it to lift the blades out of the channels on my 2 knives, I'm assuming that one would also use it to open blades on knives with nail-nics that have extremely strong pulls so as to not break fingernails, right? 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Madmarco wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:42 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:04 pm Mark, A knife pick is used for opening blades. A.G. Russell has the best one. I have 4 or 5 different ones that were given to me over the years and the A.G. Russell one is the best of the bunch. Except they call it a steel thumbnail. Which makes it very hard to find when you search their website. If you don’t have the correct name it doesn’t come up in their search field. One thing they don’t show in this photo is how there is an angle to this so that if it’s not working in one direction it will if you flip it over. So narrow nail nicks don’t cause it to slip off and scratch the blade. A very smart feature.
Thanks Mark! I had no idea there was such a useful tool like this available. I'll have to get myself one. Besides using it to lift the blades out of the channels on my 2 knives, I'm assuming that one would also use it to open blades on knives with nail-nics that have extremely strong pulls so as to not break fingernails, right? 8)

Yes Mark but you have to practice a bit to make sure you don’t scratch the blade. I find that putting my finger on top of the blade while I hold the pick in the nail nick keeps it securely in the nick and you have to get use to moving it slowly up with side and top pressure. Takes practice but it’s easy to master. I keep one of these on my key chain and one on my desk and photo booth. I have soft thumb nails and they turn back very easily so it’s very handy.
I will include one in your next box of knives that I will be shipping out to you next week. I have a small stash of these that I give away. I think it’s a better gift than an inexpensive knife. It’s way more practical for me anyway.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:52 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:42 am

Yes Mark but you have to practice a bit to make sure you don’t scratch the blade. I find that putting my finger on top of the blade while I hold the pick in the nail nick keeps it securely in the nick and you have to get use to moving it slowly up with side and top pressure. Takes practice but it’s easy to master. I keep one of these on my key chain and one on my desk and photo booth. I have soft thumb nails and they turn back very easily so it’s very handy.
I will include one in your next box of knives that I will be shipping out to you next week. I have a small stash of these that I give away. I think it’s a better gift than an inexpensive knife. It’s way more practical for me anyway.
That would be wonderful, thank you my friend! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'd like to show you a few somewhat non-traditional folders today guys! A couple of these I've posted on other threads, but I thought I'd post them here as well for anyone who hasn't seen knives like this before. The top pic is of a 9" OAL Rough Ryder linerlock folder/SS drop-point blade with spine-attached thumb-stud, all-SS satin-finish body, SS liners and screws, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip. Being all steel the knife weighs a respectable 4 oz.'s and arrived sharp. Has "ROUGH RYDER" stamped on the front tang, as well as an "RR1860" etch on the back blade. Very likely a Chinese build. This particular knife is suspiciously similar to Jeff Harkin's line of auto and manual stilettos, although, the body shape is the only thing that's similar, since Jeff really spices up his builds. Below this one is an 8 1/2" OAL Mikov manual "Smart" knife/SS bayonet blade with thumb-stud, all-SS body pins and stationary pocket-clip, and inner-liner blade release. Also being all-SS this knife is even beefier at 5 oz.'s and came with only the bottom edge sharp. It has an encircled "MIKOV" and "STAINLESS" stamped on the front of the blade, and "CZECH REPUBLIC" stamped on the rear blade. The entire knife is mirror-polished. The knife operates exactly as you would think, by opening with the stud, and closing by pressing on the liner inside the hole in the front. Next is an 8 3/4" OAL CRKT "Psych" folder that has a very unique opening/closing system. It has a SS dagger blade with blood grooves and jimping on 1/3 of the top edge, SS bolsters liners and screws, G-10 textured scales with grip-grooves, and pocket clip. Another fairly heavy piece weighing-in at about 5 oz.'s. There's a big bold "CRKT laser-etch on the front of the blade, and "PSYCH/STEIGERWALT DESIGN/US PAT. NO. 7,581,321" etch on the rear blade. This one is opened and closed by depressing the button just below the top bolster, sliding the bolster up, swinging the bolster down until the blade is fully extended, and finally sliding the bolster back down into the locked position. Reverse the process to close. I was under the impression that CRKT's are built in China, but after seeing the US patent I'm not so sure, so if I've posted this knife in the wrong thread, my apologies. In the 4th. pic is a 9 1/2" OAL Schrade Classic mid-lockback stiletto/SS spear-point blade with nail-nic, brass bolsters with intricate engravings, brass liners pins and scale inlay, and what are likely black ABS scales with brass inlay. Weighs about 3 oz.'s and came with a sharp blade. This knife has a banner with "God Armeth the Patriot" etched inside it, and "SCHRADE CLASSIC" stamped on the front tang, as well as "Stewart A. Taylor and sons" and "SDIRK2BH" stamped on the back tang. Another likely Chinese build. And, in the bottom pic is pretty much the same knife as in the 4th. pic, except for it's 8 3/4" OAL length, different bolsters, and "SDIRHBH"(no, that's not a typo, it actually reads SDIRHBH, not SDIRKBH) tang stamp. I purchased the last 2 knives to compliment their auto versions, which I hope to acquire in the not so distant future. 8)
WIN_20200822_11_14_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200822_11_14_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200822_11_15_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200822_11_16_23_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200822_11_16_02_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Since I don't have, or post, many large knives ::rotflol:: , I thought I'd show you a few today guys! A couple of these I've posted on other threads previously, but for those that don't read every single thread, these are for you. The 1st. knife was purchased here in Canada and was made in Portugal. It's a 12 3/4" OAL from tip-to-extended bail reverse-fulcrum-release slip-joint folder from Curel/SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, brass bolsters pins and engraved bail, SS liners and fulcrum lever, and Elk horn scales. Weighs-in at a respectable 7 oz.'s, and arrived shaving-sharp. It has an Elk and 4 Elk footprints, as well as "Curel" over "Made in Portugal" etched on the front blade, and, "Curel/INOX PORTUGAL" stamped on the front tang. I state "reverse" fulcrum because, one needs to pull up on the lever to release the blade, and the only fulcrum releases I've seen need to be pushed down. In the photo on the website the finger choils on the handle are even, but the knife I received has them staggered, and this nearly prompted me to return it, but after investigating how often this knife is in stock, which is rarely, I decided to bite the bullet and just keep it. This turned out to be the right move because the knife has definitely grown on me. Next is an 11 3/4" OAL lockback folder that is totally unmarked, although, I was told it was built in Japan. This knife has a SS tanto blade with nail-nic, NS engraved bolsters, brass pins, and jet-black ABS scales with deep cut grips and a perfectly positioned 1st. finger choil. Another fairly heavy piece weighing 8 oz.'s, and came with a razor-sharp blade. I bought this from a fella that also sold me 5 of his autos, and all he could tell me about it was that he bought it in England over 35 years ago, and he believed it was made in Japan. This was my favorite knife for quite awhile, until I started buying some nicer knives, but I still like it alot! In the 3rd. pic is a very nice knife by Grand Way. It's a 10" OAL lockback folder/440C SS tanto blade with nail-nic and about 20% jimping on the top edge, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, and beautifully grained Walnut scales. Also heavy at 7 oz.'s, and very sharp blade. Has the Grand Way logo positioned between "GRAND WAY" etched on the front blade, and "440C Steel" etched on the back blade. I originally thought that Grand Way was an American company, but since I received this one from Germany, I'm not so sure. In the 4th. pic we find an 11 3/4" Ridge Runner lockback skinning folder/SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS liners, brass pins, and nicely grained Rosewood scales. A bit lighter at 5 oz.'s, but equally sharp blade. Has "RIDGE RUNNER" stamped on the front tang, and "China" stamped on the rear tang. And, in the bottom pic, is a 10 3/8" Imperial slip-joint Melon Tester/SS drop-point blade, brass liners pivot and pins, and cream-colored ABS scales. Weighs a mere 1.5 oz.'s., but came with a very sharp blade. There's a king's crown sitting atop "IMPERIAL" stamped on the front tang, and a razor blade etch with the wording "RAZOR BLADE STAINLESS" on the front blade, as well as "SS105" stamped on the rear tang. My knife brand skills are lacking, but it seems to me this is a Schrade product, and I don't even know if Schrade comes out of the US or China, so if it's the US, sorry to post this on the wrong thread! 8)
WIN_20200823_13_02_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200823_13_02_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200823_13_04_27_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200823_13_03_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200823_13_04_43_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, you guys haven't been commenting on my posts lately so you must be tired of my knives, or me, but have no fear, I only have about 30 or so left to go, so I'll be done soon! These 3 today are of top, middle, and low quality, and I'll start with the best. This is a Blackjack Mamba lockback folder that's 9 1/4" OAL and has a SS dagger blade with amby thumb-studs, SS liners and invisible pins, SS body with black derlin inlays, and no pocket-clip. It has the B/J logo of a dagger piercing the Ace and King of spades along with "BLACKJACK KNIVES" etched on the front tang, and, "MAMBA/JAPAN" etched on the rear tang. This is a nice heavy knife weighing 8.6 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge sharpened. Mark from SSK was kind enough to purchase this knife for me, and wait until I had the necessary funds to buy it from him, an act that I will forever be grateful for. I almost lost it to Mark, because as soon as he handled it he just loved it, but in the end he passed it on to me. The 2nd. knife is another Grand Way product, and this was sent to me as a replacement for a knife I'd ordered that was out of stock, and once I received it I was far happier than I'd have been with the original knife. I can say this because I eventually got the original knife from a different source, and the 2 are like day and night. This is a 9" OAL linerlock folder/440C SS drop-point blade with blood groove, or, very long nail-nic, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, black ABS scales, adjustable pivot, and no pocket-clip. Also a heavy piece weighing 8 oz.'s., and came well sharpened. Has the G/W logo, trademark, and "GRAND WAY" etch on the front tang, and "440C Steel" on the back tang. I like heavy knives due to the fact they feel so substantial when in-hand. The 3rd pic shows an inexpensive 8 3/4" OAL lockback folder from Columbia that I ordered because I like the design. It has a SS drop-point blade with a swedge on the top edge and NO nail-nic, SS bolsters with faux MOP inlays on the bottom one's, SS liners, brass pins, black ABS scales with brass inlays, extended lanyard hole, and pocket-clip. This one's a bit lighter at 6 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. There's a trademarked logo of an encircled wolf's head and "Columbia" etched on the front blade, as well as "A123" on the front tang, and a shield with a dagger inside surrounded by branches etched on the back blade. Just a cool little folder! 8)
WIN_20200824_11_59_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200824_11_59_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200824_12_00_36_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Liken the looks of the one in the middle.

Return to “Other foreign made knives”