My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco »

Another 3 to add to the ole' collection came today! Purchased via ebay from the same seller who's 6 folders I previously posted in this thread. All handmade in Italy by M. Fraracco. First is a 7 3/4" oal Siciliano style slip-joint/SS dagger blade with n/n, SS bolsters liners and pins, and gorgeous buffalo horn covers with white streaking. Fairly light at only 2.4 oz.'s, but as sharp as the dickens. Has a walk n' talk of about 7. Fit n' finish is perfect. Knife is marked with builders stamp, and "INOX". Next is an 11"(11 3/4 with bale)oal shell-puller slip-joint/SS dagger blade with n/n, SS 12+16 Gauge bolsters, SS liners bale and pins, and dark horn covers. To big for my scale to handle, but I'd guess about 7 oz.'s and equally sharp. Being so much bigger the w+t come in at about a 9(very tight), with the same perfect f+f. Same markings as above. The last knife is identical to the 2nd one save for it's brass hardware. I don't know how the seller can continue to sell their knives at the prices they do, but all 3 including shipping only ran me CDN$158., or, US$123.! Although my pics don't capture it, I assure you one is in SS and one is in brass! 8)
WIN_20210920_12_20_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_20_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_21_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_21_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_22_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_22_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210920_12_23_36_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Nice Mark. You have been posting some exceptional knives lately.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 pm Nice Mark. You have been posting some exceptional knives lately.
Thanks Mark, I try my hardest! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, I've been busy goin' to my mailbox lately! I just got this one from ebay via "doodlefroodle", and I really like it. It's an unmarked, save for "Surgical Steel Japan", 8 3/4" oal folding swinguard slip-joint/SS dagger blade with long pull and guards, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, and black Delrin covers. Only weighs a scant 2.3 oz.'s, and came relatively sharp. Although it's a used knife and slight in profile it's in excellent condition and feels quite substantial in-hand. Has a walk n' talk of about 6, and fit n' finish is still very nice for a used knife. I mentioned in "Mail Call" that I'd never seen this style before, and then this morning as I was browsing ebay I spotted another one with brown covers and clip-point blade, what a co-inci-dink huh? I like mine much more! This one's another for my "Unusual" pile! 8)
WIN_20210922_11_10_34_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210922_11_09_55_Pro.jpg
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Very classy Mark, reminds me of a medieval dagger... 8)
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Willy! ::handshake:: I'd never seen this style before and when that happens it's a kindda "must have" situation! 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this knife in today from Russia via ebay! It's an unmarked 11 1/2" oal manual opening/scale release closing big folder/D2 drop-point blade with long-pull, SS partially jigged liners, dark wood covers displaying a very nice ring pattern, and pocket-clip. Weighs-in at about 7 oz.'s, and arrived well sharpened. When I purchased it I thought it was a scale release auto, but as soon as I received it I tried shifting the scale over but nothing happened. It wasn't until I went to close the blade that I discovered the shifting cover is only for closing the blade. A little disappointed but I still really like the knife overall, it'll fit in nicely with my other BIG knives! 8)
WIN_20211004_12_06_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211004_12_07_09_Pro.jpg
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Big Knife Mark is on a roll!!
Keep it up!! 👍💎🔪💎👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:53 pm Big Knife Mark is on a roll!!
Keep it up!! 👍💎🔪💎👍
John ✌️
LOL! ::rotflol:: Yes, it's another BIG one Johnny, and just as well-built if not better as my big Cold Steel models! 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:20 pm
jmh58 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:53 pm Big Knife Mark is on a roll!!
Keep it up!! 👍💎🔪💎👍
John ✌️
LOL! ::rotflol:: Yes, it's another BIG one Johnny, and just as well-built if not better as my big Cold Steel models! 8)
👍😁👍
John ✌️

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Got this big beautiful folder in today's mail, and man do I like this knife! It's a Parker Jumbo slip-joint lockback/SS bayonet blade with n/n and etchings, N/S bolsters with engravings on both sides, brass liners and pins, thick jigged stag covers with N/S oval inlay, and forward lockback blade release. Another knife that came just how I like em', HEAVY, at about 12 oz.'s and quite sharp. Made in Japan by hand in the 1980's by the late Tak Fukutu. A fitting addition to my BIG knife herd! 8)
WIN_20211008_15_19_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211008_15_18_33_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

A trip to my mailbox had these 3 waiting for me today! First is an AG Russell "Strikeforce" lockback that is 8 1/2" oal/VG-10 blade with "Spydie" hole, aluminum bolsters, SS liners, G-10 or C/F covers, adjustable pivot, lanyard hole, and pocket-clip. Weight is about 4 oz.'s, and extremely sharp. Walk n' talk is smooth and snappy, and fit n' finish is just about perfect. The "run-up" on this knife where the tang meets the spine is virtually invisible, a sign of a well built knife. Built in Japan. I got this knife from Mark at SSk and although I paid-up a bit for it, it was nowhere near the price that Arizona Custom Knives is asking for the same knife. Next is a SMKW Japanese Tanto slip-joint that's 9" oal/SS Tanto blade with Samurai etch, SS pins, no liners, and die-cast black criss-cross covers. Due to the heavy covers the knife weighs about 6 oz.'s, and came shaving-sharp. Walks n' talks with a smooth resounding snap, and fit n' finish is well done. Another that was built in Japan. I just love how the blade completely disappears into the channel when it's closed. I also got this one from Mark, but only after he purchased it for me because the AAPK seller doesn't ship outside the US. And finally we have a Fury forward lockback slip-joint that is 9 1/2" oal/440 SS blade with top-swedge and n/n, SS bolsters, no liners, and brown ABS covers. The weight on this knife is right in between the other 2 at about 5 oz.'s, and also arrived razor-sharp. Has a walk n' talk of about 5, and fit n' finish is adequate. This one was built in Japan as well. Also acquired from Mark due to the same shipping issue through another AAPK store. If I wasn't destined to live in the states at least I have the next best thing, that being my good friend Mark at Sharpnshinyknives! 8)
WIN_20211013_11_01_34_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211013_11_01_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211013_11_02_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211013_11_02_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211013_11_05_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211013_11_05_07_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received these 2 Rough Rider manuals today! 8)
WIN_20211105_12_29_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211105_12_29_28_Pro.jpg
R/R 2181 Denim Micarta covers with a wharncliffe blade!
WIN_20211105_12_30_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211105_12_30_19_Pro.jpg
R/R 2176 Bow Trapper with black Micarta covers and upswept blade!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received 3 more manuals today, and here they are! First up is a made in France 6 1/4" oal Le Theirs 289 slip-joint/SS drop-point blade with file work and n/n, N/S bolsters liners and pins, file worked spine, and black and white Paper Stone covers. I've never heard of these either! Has a nice light weight of only 1.98 oz.'s, and came extremely sharp. The walk n' talk is a pretty stiff 8, and the fit n' finish is excellent. Some knives in this model have a unique opening mechanism where you push-in on the blade to unlock it, but mine being on the low-end just opens with the n/n. I was attracted to these knives the first time I saw them, and now that I have one I can see why, they're very solid well built folders. Next is a made in Portugal 9.6" oal Curel Estiletto slip-joint/SS dagger blade minus a n/n but wide enough to pinch open, brass accented bolsters liners and pins, and richly grained Stamina wood covers. Also quite light at only 2.1 oz.'s, and arrived equally sharp. A more comfortable walk n' talk on this one at about a 6, with impeccable fit n' finish. Another model that has intrigued me for awhile, so I decided my collection needed at least one included in it. The last knife is a made in Japan 5 1/8" Kiridashi pull apart slicer/SS slanted blade, and all brass handle and sheath. The lightest of all 3 at a paltry 0.8 oz.'s, and also the sharpest. The walk is a tight 7 pull apart with an easy talk when pushing back into the sheath, and the fit n' finish on the brass is well done. This is another style I've been intrigued with for a long time, but after receiving it and seeing how simply it's built I wish I'd saved the CDN$17.50 it cost me and just kept on wondering! Ya can't win em' all! 8)
WIN_20211115_12_28_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211115_12_28_45_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211115_12_29_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211115_12_30_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211115_12_32_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211115_12_33_29_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

These 2 came in today from Mark at SSk and both are very cool folders! First up is a 7 3/4" oal Weidmannsheil 1-blade lockback canoe/SS spear-point blade with n/n, NS bolsters and shield, brass liners and pins, and some of the nicest stag covers I've seen to date. Has a respectable weight of about 5 oz.'s, and came well sharpened. The knife displays a very comfortable walk n' talk of about 5, and the fit n' finish is 2nd to none. I'm going to wager a guess that it was built in Germany. If I wished something was different about my new knife, it would be for the "run-up" to be tighter instead of the 1/8" step-down from the spine to the tang that it shows, but I can live with it. Next is a 7" oal Marbles lockback/SS spear-point blade with n/n, NS fully engraved bolsters, NS pins, brass liners, and dark horn covers with white streaking. Fairly light at about 2.5 oz.'s, and arrived equally sharp. This one also has a comfortable walk n' talk, and the fit n' finish is impeccable. Built in Japan by Tak Fukutu. No desire for any changes on this knife, the "run-up" is as tight as a Moki! This is the 2nd one of these that I got from Mark, and it's identical to the first one, but for more streaking in the covers. My last pic is for comparison purposes! 8)
WIN_20211118_10_34_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211118_10_34_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211118_10_35_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211118_10_35_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211118_10_36_35_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Glad you like them Mark, they are some nice knives. Yes the Weidmannsheil was made in Germany. This is one from before they closed after the last master cutler died in 1982. It’s a well made old knife that has stood the test of time.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:10 pm Glad you like them Mark, they are some nice knives. Yes the Weidmannsheil was made in Germany. This is one from before they closed after the last master cutler died in 1982. It’s a well made old knife that has stood the test of time.
Yes, I sure do like them Mark! If I'm not mistaken that's the knife you described when it was in your store that you could move the blade from side-to-side when it's closed, but not when it's open. I tried it and I see what you mean. I really think that slight defect would have been overcome had they used a wider blade on the knife, and at the same time it might have filled in the run-up and eliminated the step-down that it currently shows. Not a big deal by any means, just thinking out loud! Thx again! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I won this knife in one of the very few auctions I participate in, and it cost me all of US$26. as the high bidder! It's a gently used Parker "Big Lou" gunstock slip-joint, and it's 8 3/4" oal/SS spear-point blade with n/n, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and some sort of bone covers. Has a nice hefty weight of about 6 oz.'s, and arrived well sharpened. It has a smooth walk of about a 5, and a loud snap when it talks. Fit n' finish is excellent. I've admired gunstock frames for quite awhile but was never able to find one with only 1 blade, so when I spotted this one on ebay I pounced, and I'm really glad I did! 8)
WIN_20211119_14_03_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211119_14_03_38_Pro.jpg
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mark. I can’t keep up with all your stuff?? You got some real fine scores going on there!! 👍💎👏👍
John 🦃

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I know exactly what you mean John! :roll: All I have to do is post them, and I'm having trouble doing only that! The good news is, I'm running out of funds so I'll be slowing down soon, not immediately because I have more on the way, but soon! LOL! Thx for your great comments and appreciation for my knives buddy! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Hi Madmarco boy you sure have some dandy knives there, I am looking at a 8 inch stiletto, I will let you konw if I get it. Gordy
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

gordonjohn wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:23 am Hi Madmarco boy you sure have some dandy knives there, I am looking at a 8 inch stiletto, I will let you konw if I get it. Gordy
Hey Gordy! Thanks for the compliment buddy. ::handshake:: As the title says these are all my MANUAL opening knives, if you'd like to see some very nice automatics go to the "Switchblade Collector Knife" forum and look for a thread titled "Some of my autos", and you can view all my automatics. Perhaps you can get some ideas for the 8" stiletto you're thinking about. There are some stilettos in this thread but they are all manuals and they'll just never be as cool as an auto. If you need any help choosing a knife, any knife, please just PM(Private Message)me and I'll do my best to help. Thx again! Mark! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

These 3 beauties showed up today after being delayed in B.C./Canada for 2 weeks due to no transportation being available because of washed-out roads from recent flooding! First is an 8 3/4" oal CRKT Xolotl A/O linerlock/SS dagger blade with dual-flippers, SS liners, adjustable pivot, black G-10 covers with 19 "ribs" engraved on both sides one for each year the builder Mr. Rodriguez has been building knives, glass-breaker butt, and reversible clip. Weighs a decent 4 oz.'s, and came so sharp I immediately cut my thumb. I haven't seen too many CRKT stilettos so when I spotted this one I knew I had to have it. Next is a 7 1/2" oal Al Mar designed Kershaw AM-5 A/O framelock/8Cr13MoV black-coated drop-point blade with single flipper assist, no liners, black grained aluminum covers, and removeable clip. This one's a bit lighter at about 3 oz.'s, and arrived equally sharp but this time I didn't cut myself. I admired this knife's open profile ever since I first saw it, and it certainly didn't disappoint in person. And last but not least is a Chuck Gedraitis designed 7 1/4" oal Boker Plus Icepick A/O stiletto/VG-10 bayonet blade with titanium thumb-wheel, single blue anodized liner, black carbon fiber covers, blue anodized screws and decorative titanium ball inlay, and non-removeable blue anodized titanium pocket-clip. This one is in-between weights at about 3.5 oz.'s, and came shaving-sharp. Boker is another company that hasn't produced many stilettos, in fact, the Magnum model shown in the last picture along side of the Icepick is the only other one I've seen, so when I saw this new one it was love at first sight. All 3 knives display excellent walk n' talk, and their fit n' finish is almost perfect! 8)
WIN_20211202_16_18_57_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_19_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_19_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_20_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_20_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_21_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211202_16_21_56_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Like them all, where are you finding them?

Return to “Other foreign made knives”