My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco »

After not posting in this thread for awhile it seems like I've been pretty active here lately! And the activities continue with this beautiful Russian hand made folder. For anyone who bristled when you read "Russian" I ordered the knife close to 2 months ago when the world was still friends with Putin, and it just took this long to be delivered, so no Russian zingers, please! It's a 9 3/4" oal "Cadet" lockback that sports a D2 drop-point blade without a n/n cuz the blade is wide enough to be pinched open, NS bolsters liners and pins, and ebony wood covers. Has a nice weight around 5 oz.'s and came properly sharpened. Smooth walk along with a similar talk and a fit n' finish that rivals any other. The sturdy hand stitched tanned leather sheath equipped with a belt loop displays scrimshaw/engraving of a duck in it's natural environment. If you can get past the Russian aspect you're looking at a really cool knife! 8)
WIN_20220316_15_54_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220316_15_53_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220316_15_54_34_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm getting so many knives lately that it's becoming a job to post and keep on top of them all! Actually, I don't mind one little bit cuz if they're not coming in it means I'm not buying any and I'd much rather have it the first way! I got these 2 rather unusual Rough Rider folders today, very shortly after ordering because they breezed right through Customs without inspection. Wish they ALL went that way! Nuff' narrative! On top is a 6 3/4" oal RR1758 Southwestern pattern slip-joint Dr.'s knife with a 440 SS drop-point blade displaying a coined n/n, SS body that has inlayed turquoise, stripping, and engraving, and brass liners. It weighs but 2.2 oz.'s and came sharpened. Smooth walk n' talk with a half-stop, and impressive fit n' finish. I was quite impressed with the Southwestern series when I first saw it but wanted a knife with just 1 blade, so I was limited to the Dr.'s knife so I can now add another to my collection. Up second is a 10" oal RR2326 "Toad-Sticker" slip-joint that has a 440 SS needle-point blade with coined n/n, brass liners and pins, and Buckshot burl covers. This knife also weighs 2.2 oz.'s and came well sharpened. It has a very soft walk n' talk and the fit n' finish is excellent. I saw these knives some time ago and always wondered what uses a knife like that could have with it's goofy blade and all, and although I still have absolutely no idea I can say it's one cool little knife. Straight into the unusual pile it goes! Each knife came in it's own sturdy cardboard box that has a magnetized open/close flap, and worth nearly as much as the knives themselves! 8)
WIN_20220317_17_02_35_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220317_17_02_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220317_17_03_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220317_17_03_06_Pro.jpg
8)
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Marco,
You are on a tear!! Nice knives!! ::tu::

Nev
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ha, thanks Nev! ::handshake:: I have 2 more on the way in the mail and then I'm gonna slow right down, first cuz I have enough for now, and second I'm outta cash! I was a pretty good run though! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, the 2 more on the way I mentioned to Nev is now down to this knife cuz the other one was seize by Customs, but fortunately for me there's another copy on the way that will definitely get through! This is a 7" oal Guishenzhe slip-joint with D2 modified Wharncliffe blade and no n/n, SS bolsters liners and screws, adjustable pivot, lanyard hole, and Sandalwood covers although I ordered it with dark ebony wood covers. Very light for my liking at only 1.6 oz.'s but it did come well sharpened. It's walk n' talk are smooth and soft, and the fit n' finish are well done. I considered returning it for the model with the correct covers but the hassle involved just isn't worth it for a cheaper knife. I wanted something in my collection to represent a Karambit knife without buying one since I don't find them very attractive, so when I saw the shape of the blade on this knife I figured it would work! A teriffic knife for the key-chain or watch-pocket! 8)
WIN_20220404_11_51_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220404_11_51_23_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this knife today to add to the ole' collection and let me tell you, it's a beauty! A 6 3/4" oal Roger Orfevre slip-joint with a 12c27 sheepsfoot blade with n/n, NS fluted bolsters, NS liners and pins, and jet-black paperstone covers. This is only the 2nd time I've come across "paperstone" material and I still don't know anything about it so it looks like Google time! My new knife weighs 3.6 oz.'s and the blade is as sharp as any I've encountered. It displays a firm walk of about 7 along with a very snappy talk. The fit n' finish is impeccable. I was on a "Wait" list for this knife for about 9 months and as soon as I got the notification it was back in stock I ordered mine, and it was well worth the wait! 8)
WIN_20220407_13_33_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220407_13_32_39_Pro.jpg
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Certainly a handsome looking kife, Marco. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Garry, ::handshake:: and really comfortable to hold too! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this really cool manual button-release linerlock stiletto today as a gift from my buddy Jamie from JamieinWV, and I absolutely love it! I saw this knife sometime ago in all-black on ebay as well as a copy in an AAPK store, but due to the higher prices and shipping problems the best I could do was to put it on my "Watchlist", and there it stayed until today. At the start of May Jamie asked me if I follow H&R knives, but it wasn't until I saw it in my mail today did I make the connection. It's very comforting knowing there are others out there thinking of me! The knife is a 9" oal Hen & Rooster manual stiletto with a bayonet blade with stud, SS liners button and screws, adjustable pivot, unique button-release linerlock, gun-metal dimpled covers, and pocket-clip. Nice weight of about 3 oz.'s and came with only the bottom edge sharpened. With my usual application of Q.R. oil it walks and talks smoothly and it's fit and finish is excellent. I am really happy with my new knife, and I have a fellow member to thank for it all! Thx Jamie! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20220512_15_53_52_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220512_15_54_31_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread but I got this beautiful knife in my mail today as a gift from fellow member Steamboat Willie! It seems Willie is thinning out his collection and decided to gift some of his pieces to fellow members and this is the one I got. It's a 9 3/4" oal 1971 Case XX P172L SSP "BOSS" lockback clasp knife with a SS clip-point blade, NS bolsters and shield, brass liners and pins, and nicely grained brown Pakkawood covers. Nice weight of about 6 oz.'s and Willie believes the previous owner ran it through a sharpener, but personally I can't tell. Has an opening pull of about 4, and closes with a loud "clack". It's over 50 yrs. old and still maintains it's perfect fit n' finish. There's an etch of a Bulldog along with "BOSS" on the blade, and from what I found out online the etch use to read "Buffalo" on earlier versions, but the two knives seem identical. From what I read online this is not an inexpensive knife ranging from US$105.-$335. used, but fortunately Willie didn't pay nearly that much at a yard sale. I needed a clasp knife represented in my collection, and due to another member's generosity I no longer need to find one! Thanks buddy! 8)
WIN_20220815_16_04_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220815_16_04_11_Pro.jpg
8)
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Nice Case clasp Marco, and awesome gift Steamboat Willie. That’s are huge knives, just to your liking from the others you have posted Marco.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks C-W! And you most certainly have it right that I like BIG knives. I like them to fill up my hand when I hold them and not slide around my big fat fingers like smaller knives will. I appreciate your comments bud! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Nicely done Willie. Marco, what a great knife and gift. Congratulations to you both.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you kindly Garry, I always appreciate your comments! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was undecided where to post this knife cuz my government considers these as automatic knives, but I don't and since I've never agreed with anything my government says or does I posted it here in Manual Folders! I was looking for an inexpensive balisong so I'd have one in my collection and found this knife at Amazon with free shipping, which was necessary cuz I only had $20. to spend and the knife was listed at $20.03. It's a totally unmarked Chinese build with a SS dagger blade, 6-hole handles, fixed rivets, and spring-loaded latch. Weighs-in at about 4 oz.'s and only the bottom edge is sharpened scary sharp. It flips around smoothly and locks solid with the latch when closed. The latch can be used when open to completely stabilize the entire knife, so it feels and handles like a fixed blade. The fit n' finish for an inexpensive knife is excellent. I've never had any desire to learn how to "flip" and that hasn't changed, but I wanted a balisong represented in my collection and now I have one, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, or any cuts either! 8)
WIN_20221007_17_48_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221007_17_50_05_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received ANOTHER gift from my pal Jamie today, and here it is! This is a Rough Rider 7 7/8" oal "Nomad" slip-joint lockback, and it has a D2 drop-point blade with fat pull, NS ringed bolsters, brass liners pins shield and lanyard tube, and tan linen micarta covers! Has some weight at about 3 oz.'s and arrived shaving sharp. It has a half-stop along with a very strong detent. Fit and finish is immaculate. This Rough Rider company has really stepped-up the pace, and I'm sure we'll see many more great knives from them. Thanks again Jamie for the wonderful gift! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20221024_13_20_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221024_13_20_29_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That Rough Ryder is a beauty Mark. I like the shape of that knife. It has a nice flow to it. Congrats!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Mark, my feelings exactly. I like knives where the blade flows into the handle in one clean line, I don't care for "chunky" or uneven run-ups. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

These are 2 assisted models I ordered from Jamie at JamieinWV, and they were packaged to help avoid Customs inspection, and they did! First up is my very first Kershaw 1600 "Leek" frame-lock with a SS Wharncliffe blade and a blade-stop not a thumb-stud but also has a "flipper" tab, SS body, Speed-Safe unlocking, adjustable pivot, and a pocket-clip. Fairly light at about 3 oz.'s and incredibly sharp. Opens smoothly via the "flipper" and locks tight until you release the frame-lock. Sports a perfect fit and finish. I've been reading Jerry's posts and pictures as well as others for a long while regarding their love for this knife, and now that I own one and get to play with it, I completely understand! It flips open quickly and easily and closes just as smoothly when I'm done with it! Great knives! If I had a complaint, it would be that the knife is quite small in my hand, a bit larger would have been better. The second knife is a Ganzo FB7651-GR assisted axis-lock with a 440C clip/drop-point (?) blade with ambi-stud, green G-10 covers, axis-lock closing, adjustable pivot, and reversible pocket-clip. Weighs slightly more at about 4 oz.'s but equally sharp. To open by the stud is a bit firm, so this is where an adjustable pivot comes in handy. Closes smoothly with the a-l. Fit and finish is excellent. Ganzo has followed suit with some of the other makers by including and installing a small SS plate that screws into the blank divot left by moving the clip from front to back or vice versa. A great little feature! I have more knives on the way that I'll post when they arrive! Thanks Jamie! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20221121_13_58_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_58_24_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_58_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_59_20_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is a USA made knife, but I'd like to have a record of all my knives here at AAPK for posterity reasons, so I'm posting it here with all my others! It's a totally unexpected "bomb" knife from my friend ~Q~ over in Hawaii, and he chose a great knife to send me! It was a complete surprise to me up until 2 days ago when ~Q~ messaged me regarding a Customs concern and had to ruin the surprise, but like I told him, just receiving a gift knife is surprise enough for me! Prior to posting my knife here, I posted it in the "Bomb" thread where it seems ~Q~ has "bombed" a few other guys as well lately, so kudos to you bud for your generosity! You're looking at a 1 of 75 Schatt & Morgan 9 1/2" oal slip-joint folder with a SS Wharn/sheepfoot blade with a very long pull, NS ribbed bolsters and shield, brass liners and pins, and what are likely Rosewood covers. Weighing in at about 5 oz.'s and came extremely sharp. Has quite a firm opening pull of around 6 along with a half-stop and strong detent when closing. My knife is sporting a near perfect fit n' finish. I guess I'm doing something right for all the guys who've been "bombing" knives to me lately, including Jamie, Herb, and now this one from ~Q~, thanks fellas, I truly appreciate your generosity! Please overlook my extreme gushing over this practise of "bombing" knives to each other, I find myself quite moved by the whole thing! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20221123_12_37_27_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221123_12_38_05_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This knife came recently in an order I placed with my bud Jamie, and it's one nice folder considering it's an inexpensive knife! It's an 8" oal Bear & Son brass colored slip-joint sodbuster and has a SS drop-point blade with n/n, aluminum body, SS screws adjustable pivot, and a clip. Kindda light at only about 3 oz.'s but arrived extremely sharp. Has a firm pull of about 6 when opening, and a half-stop and very strong detent when closing. Top-notch fit n' finish. My 3rd all brass knife! Since I didn't know the place of origin, likely China, I just posted it here with all my others! 8)
WIN_20221124_17_06_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221124_17_07_05_Pro.jpg
8)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:35 pm This knife came recently in an order I placed with my bud Jamie, and it's one nice folder considering it's an inexpensive knife! It's an 8" oal Bear & Son brass colored slip-joint sodbuster and has a SS drop-point blade with n/n, aluminum body, SS screws adjustable pivot, and a clip. Kindda light at only about 3 oz.'s but arrived extremely sharp. Has a firm pull of about 6 when opening, and a half-stop and very strong detent when closing. Top-notch fit n' finish. My 3rd all brass knife! Since I didn't know the place of origin, likely China, I just posted it here with all my others! 8) WIN_20221124_17_06_46_Pro.jpgWIN_20221124_17_07_05_Pro.jpg
As far as I know, all Bear & Son knives are made in Jacksonville Alabama, United States. I live not too far away from there. It is a family-owned manufacturing facility. I have been to their factory a couple of times, and it is always a fun visit. Their quality can be inconsistent, but when they get it right they have great knives!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for the correction, Rev! ::handshake:: Because it has no markings at all and the quite low price, China came to mind for me, but it sounds like you've done your research, so I'll go with Jacksonville, Alabama/USA! This is really supposed to be a foreign manufacture thread, but since it's here already and I have no idea of how to move it, here it stays! ::huff:: lol! 8)
8)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

The operative phrase here, Madmarco, is "as far as I know". It is always possible that they started importing some knives, but I am not aware of it.
And, since you are a Northern neighbor in Canada, this literally makes it a knife of foreign manufacturer!
I enjoy your posts, bro. Your positivity is refreshing.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you, my friend, the feeling is mutual! ::handshake:: I like how you think too, ::hmm:: my being in Canada DOES make it a foreign knife, to you and me anyway! lol! Thx again! 8)
8)

Return to “Other foreign made knives”