ROUGH RYDER RESERVE SMALL COPERHEAD

For Collectors & Users of Rough Rider Brand Knives.
Beavertail

ROUGH RYDER RESERVE SMALL COPERHEAD

Post by Beavertail »

Attachments
rrr016_web15.jpg
Tim
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ROUGH RYDER RESERVE SMALL COPERHEAD

Post by QTCut5 »

I'm not seeing the typical "copperhead" pivot-end bolster on that one, so I wonder why it's called a copperhead. ::shrug::

In fact, to me, it looks suspiciously similar to the China made Queen sawcut bone Wharncliffe.
Is it possible they're both made in the same factory? ::hmm::

New Queen Sawcut Wharncliffe.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

They do look simular.
SMKW must've got a great deal on that blue micarta. ::facepalm::
Tim
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Followed the link and saw that it is currently sold out at SMWK.
Found it interesting that in the listing, they show 10 pics of the knife and 11 pics of the accessories (9 of which are of the container can alone). Makes me wonder what exactly are we paying the most for, knife or packaging? (Price is $39.99)
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

Yeah, it looks like they're really proud of that tube.
Kevin
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I just checked with my distributor and they are in stock for me, if you would like one I could get you one $39 plus $5 shipping…PM me I’ll order some… put RRR016 in the message
Jamie
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:58 pm I'm not seeing the typical "copperhead" pivot-end bolster on that one, so I wonder why it's called a copperhead. ::shrug::

In fact, to me, it looks suspiciously similar to the China made Queen sawcut bone Wharncliffe.
Highly possible since SMKW owns Rough Rider and bought the rights to use the Queen name and logo.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I have a few Rough Riders. Very well made for an inexpensive knife but cannot compare to the American made cutlery. The Rough Rider Reserves are surprisingly different from the regular line. . I bought 3 of them. The quality of the Reserve line is leaps and bounds better than the standard Rough Riders. Blades are D2, fit and finish are excellent. Built like a tank. My only negative is that they are a bit bulky. For me, they will never take the place of quality American made knives. But the Rough Rider Reserve line is as good as any knife made anywhere but at a terrific price.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

The non-pivot-end bolsters are shaped differently. This RRR is partially squared off, upturned and narrower so, while they may be made in the same plant, they were not stamped out with the same dies.

I prefer left end and not as tall might be better than narrower? :? I'm not sure what to call the blade. Sheep's foot with an angled tip?

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:58 pm I'm not seeing the typical "copperhead" pivot-end bolster on that one, so I wonder why it's called a copperhead. ::shrug::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Currently being offered in Jamie's "JamieinWV" store for a buck less than SMKW! Buy yours from Jamie and help support a fellow AAPK member! No affiliation other than trying to help a friend! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:48 pm Currently being offered in Jamie's "JamieinWV" store for a buck less than SMKW! Buy yours from Jamie and help support a fellow AAPK member! No affiliation other than trying to help a friend! 8)
Thank you Marco….you are almost salesman of the month, that comes with a self pat on the back and a atta-boy…I’m kidding you buddy thanks for the plug…also when you buy from most storefronts you also don’t pay taxes most sellers eat that also.
Jamie
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I have in my store now RRR 005, 006, 015,016 and my favorite 017...
Attachments
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1854.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:35 am I have in my store now RRR 005, 006, 015,016 and my favorite 017...
I'm not a RR fan, but the Barlow is pretty cool.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

edge213 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:46 pm
JamieinWV wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:35 am I have in my store now RRR 005, 006, 015,016 and my favorite 017...
I'm not a RR fan, but the Barlow is pretty cool.
Yes I too like it, it is well made knife, and fit and finish seems above and beyond…

Return to “Rough Rider Knife Forum”