Checkered pearl whittler

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
lentuk
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Checkered pearl whittler

Post by lentuk »

Picked this up recently, not really a fancy knife guy but this one is really something.
s-l1600.jpg
023.jpg
021.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 05-35-18 Schatt and Morgan 3 Blade Whittler Textured Mother of Pearl Handles, Queen Steel eBay.png
rea1eye

Re: Checkered pearl whittler

Post by rea1eye »

That main blade really sets it off.

Bob
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Until recently you weren't really a fancy knife guy but now you are. Admit it. You like it. Beautiful knife. Just don't drop it. That's the weakness of pearl. It's brittle. I do not see much jigged pearl and most of what I do see is Queen's checkered pearl. Queen didn't call it checkered. If I recall correctly they named it Sheffield jigged pearl. It could be a handy watch pocket knife. I like it too.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

lentuk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:32 pm Picked this up recently, not really a fancy knife guy but this one is really something.
That is a beautiful knife, Lentuk! I like it. You need to be careful with that kind of knife, though. I used to think I did not like MOP. Then I eventually bought a couple of knives with MOP handles. After admiring them for a while, I decided that actually I did like MOP a lot!
Mel
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very gorgeous, pocket jewelry. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”