Schatt and Morgan warranty?

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
doormann

Schatt and Morgan warranty?

Post by doormann »

I purchased a Schatt and Morgan Express, this is the knife patterned after the Kabar Grizzly. Unfortunately the knife has a hair trigger and will even open on its own sometimes. My question is where do I send the knife for warranty work? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schatt and Morgan warranty?

Post by Railsplitter »

I could be wrong but I think you have no recourse. I'm sure you are aware that Queen went out of business in January.

You might be able to have someone repair it but warranty work? Not so much.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Unfortunately the same place you send products made by other bankrupt companies - to a repair shop where you have it fixed on your nickel. ::tear::

There's a few members here who repair automatics. Muskrat Man and Bill DeShivs are a couple, there are probably others. You might contact them and see what they say about cost to repair.

Not the answer you wanted I'm sure, but Queen is gone. Just be glad they didn't have it when they shut their doors - somewhere I saw someone had sent them a knife for repair and couldn't get it back. ::hmm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

doormann wrote:I purchased a Schatt and Morgan Express, this is the knife patterned after the Kabar Grizzly. Unfortunately the knife has a hair trigger and will even open on its own sometimes. My question is where do I send the knife for warranty work? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.
I would hope the dealer you bought it from should be able to help? ::tu:: If not one of the repair guy's on AAPK my be able to fix it. Try Gary Claxon I believe he's on here Does great work
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

It's a shame that you can't get this repaired at the cost of the Daniels family Cutlery.
Ryan Daniels is setting up at knife shows still selling NIB Queen knives.
Doesn't seem right.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I hate to say this, but when those knives came out the quality was quite poor. One dealer I know ordered a couple dozen and sent most of them back due to quality issues.
doormann

Post by doormann »

Thanks for the info gentlemen, your right that is what I wanted to hear... It isn’t a bad knife but it needs help.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Even if there was some sort of warranty repair available, I wouldn't send my property to a company that has ceased operations and declared bankruptcy.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

THERE IS A BLADESMITH THAT DOES KNIFE REPAIR ON FACE-BOOK !
Slimjim66

Post by Slimjim66 »

doormann wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:30 am Thanks for the info gentlemen, your right that is what I wanted to hear... It isn’t a bad knife but it needs help.
Im in the same boat but need a vise to push button down!! Im sending mine to bill Deshivs because the knife is beautiful if it worked.whoever is still selling these without a warning should be ashamed
Slimjim66

Post by Slimjim66 »

kennedy knives wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:08 am
doormann wrote:I purchased a Schatt and Morgan Express, this is the knife patterned after the Kabar Grizzly. Unfortunately the knife has a hair trigger and will even open on its own sometimes. My question is where do I send the knife for warranty work? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.
I would hope the dealer you bought it from should be able to help? ::tu:: If not one of the repair guy's on AAPK my be able to fix it. Try Gary Claxon I believe he's on here Does great work
Ill trade you mine. Need vise grips to push button on mine lol too bad because they’re beautiful knives.if they did them right theyd still be selling them
RLP

Post by RLP »

I own 4 of them, none of them would fire when they arrived. Not sure about yours that fires on its own but I discovered my no fire problem was in the handle spacing or spacers. My brother owns 3 original grizzlies so we started comparing them to the Queens, We drove small shims in between the spacers and actually reformed the spacers enough so that now they all fire. Yours that fires by itself is probably spaced out to far, I only say that because we over spread one and that's how it reacted. Oh and my brother is a custom knife maker also so that helped. Good luck.

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”