S.W.CUT

Keen Kutter was first used as a knife brand by Simmons Hardware Company in 1870. The trademark was used on the highest quality tools and cutlery Simmons offered.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

S.W.CUT

Post by garddogg56 »

K74 USA...Finally gut me a Keen Kutter ::ds:: anyone have any history on this tang stamp and age of this ?
She is well marked by the previous owner Dave Black.
This knife is a commemorative of the Sperit of St Louis.
Attachments
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: S.W.CUT

Post by knifeaholic »

That is a 70's era commemorative made by Schrade. You may get more about it if you post it in the Schrade forum.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Agreed. Real original Keen Kutters will be marked as such on the blade.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:40 pm Agreed. Real original Keen Kutters will be marked as such on the blade.
Actually, both Schrade CutCo and Schrade Walden made many different Keen Kutters over many years, both for the hardware store that owned the brand, and, later when Schrade itself owned the brand. The OP knife, marketed by Schrade, may have been made partially or in whole by either Camillus or Imperial. I am not able to access my scanner or the papers, etc. from that box set, which I have, but I think that it was a 1969 issue.

Return to “Keen Kutter”