What a great concert

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

What a great concert

Post by JamieinWV »

My wife’s company has executive suites at most venues in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Green Bay, Chicago and few more city’s. But 2 weeks ago I saw one of the best concerts I’ve seen in long time. Chris Stapleton in Columbus, he played non stop for about 2 hours, and I’m guessing used around 15 different guitars. He has a great voice but his musical talent is off the charts as well.
Other good concerts I’ve had a chance to witness

ZZ Topp afterburner was a dandy Apr. 86 Charleston CC
AC/DC For Those About to Rock Dec. 81 Rupp arena
Eagles The Long Run June 1980 Civic arena
Fog hat stone blue Landover Md. June 78?
Garth Brooks ??? Knoxville Dec 92

And a bunch of stinkers but those above were all good ones.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What a great concert

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Chris Stapleton is an amazing talent. Another is Jamie Johnson.

The longest I ever saw any artist stay on stage without a break is Willie Nelson, back in the mid-1970s. He came on stage about 10 PM and was still going strong at 2 AM. The venue was a hotel ballroom in Dallas - Melrose Hotel IIRC. Occasionally between songs a waiter brought a shot of tequila and a Lone Star beer chaser to Willie at the front of the stage. His comment was always “Thank you doctor.” :lol: Someone in our group commented “he must be wearing one of those things astronauts use in their suits to pee into!” He nor the band ever took a break - just kept on playing.

He also made a joke about not having to worry about getting a ticket for DUI. “I’m staying in the penthouse suite so unless the cops have a roadblock in the elevator, I’m safe.” :lol:

Other great acts I’ve seen in concert are Bob Dylan (accompanied by the Paul Butterfield Blues Band), The Rolling Stones, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Billy Joe Shaver. Eddie Shaver was lead guitarist in Billy Joe’s band at the time, unquestionably the best guitarist I’ve ever seen in person. Bugs Henderson was close.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “The Music Forum”