THE TEXAS TENORS

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

THE TEXAS TENORS

Post by dlr110 »

David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: THE TEXAS TENORS

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That’s great David. Thanks for posting it - it even played for me despite that I don’t have a Facebook account.

Seeing those guys wearing boots and belt buckles remind me of another Texas tenor, Fort Worth native Gary Morris. The story goes that Morris already had a successful country music career underway, with several top 10 hits, when he was in New York City for a concert and saw a casting call for try-outs for the broadway musical Lés Miserables. He decided to try out, and went prior to one of his country performances. The broadway musical execs laughed when he showed up wearing boots, jeans and a belt with a big buckle. Until he opened his mouth and started singing.

He ended up with the role of the main character, Jean Valjean, which he performed on broadway for the better part of two years. His is the voice of Jean Valjean you hear on the Lés Miserables all-star cast recording.

So yes, Texas has some great tenors! ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I love harmony and those guys are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

You beat me out, to post about them David ::poke:: . Yes, them boys can sing, that's no joke ::nod:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:42 am That’s great David. Thanks for posting it - it even played for me despite that I don’t have a Facebook account.

Seeing those guys wearing boots and belt buckles remind me of another Texas tenor, Fort Worth native Gary Morris. The story goes that Morris already had a successful country music career underway, with several top 10 hits, when he was in New York City for a concert and saw a casting call for try-outs for the broadway musical Lés Miserables. He decided to try out, and went prior to one of his country performances. The broadway musical execs laughed when he showed up wearing boots, jeans and a belt with a big buckle. Until he opened his mouth and started singing.

He ended up with the role of the main character, Jean Valjean, which he performed on broadway for the better part of two years. His is the voice of Jean Valjean you hear on the Lés Miserables all-star cast recording.

So yes, Texas has some great tenors! ::tu::

Ken
David, those guys are very good! Very pure voices. Thanks for posting!
Ken, your post, about Gary Morris, reminded me of a funny story about him and my son. In 1995, I was stationed at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. Gary Morris was coming to the base, with Lari White, for a USO Christmas show. They played Ramstein; then, continued the tour through Italy and Turkey. Lari was first billing, on the show. She had won You Can Be a Star, in 1988 and had a few hits. Lari had been signed by RCA records. My Dad, who was VP of country promotions, at RCA Nashville, at the time, was (and still remains) good friends with Bill Carter, Lari's manager. Gary went on first and put on an exceptional show. After the show, Bill Carter invited my wife, our son (who had just turned 4) and I out to dinner, with them at a local Gasthaus. Lari White's husband (Chuck) was the funniest of the entire group. He and my 4 year old, kept us entertained thoughout the evening. Garry pulled out a copy of his promotional picture. He was clean shaven, at the show. I found this same promotional picture of him...that he autographed and handed to my son. My son looked at it and loudly exclaimed (in all the brutal honesty of a 4 year old) "You look like a robber!" Everyone got a good laugh. Bill said that Gary was kidded, about being a robber, for the rest of the trip. Sadly, Lari passed away, in 2018, from advanced peritoneal cancer, at the age of 52.
Gary Morris.jpg
Gary Morris.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you can't play it on FaceBook, watch it here. Those guys are fantastic.

The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Another great one by The Texas Tenors..
This time as you listen close your eyes and lean back, you will be
amazed at how relaxed you become. At least I did.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Te ... ORM=VDMCNR
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I love harmony and those guys have it all goin' on.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “The Music Forum”