And Then There Was Some Of My Favorite Rock

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Lansky1

Re: And Then There Was Some Of My Favorite Rock

Post by Lansky1 »

Here's an international twist ... I found this band comprised of 5 young ladies that guys on a guitar forum were raving about ... each member is a virtuoso (and I don't say that lightly). The bass player is exceptional - she plays a 5 string bass & uses it all - she's the backbone of the group; you can set your watch to the drummer (she even has a solo in the middle of this song - if nothing else, ffd to 2:08 and watch the drum solo), singer has such a strong voice (don't let the fact it isn't english turn you away - she has such great vocal range and stage presence), and the lead guitarist is amazing (I've been playing 30 years & can hold my own ... she'd cut me off at the knees). They wear quirky outfits, but give it a chance - you'll never see another hard rock band as happy on stage as this band is - they're having such a good time, its infectious !! THey have the crowd whipped into a lather - this is like old school arena rock - just don't see this kind of energy anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHpuEqMAcDg

This is just a studio video, but it's a really catchy song ... plus the bass player has a solo - when is the last time you saw that ?!?!? ::nod::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uds7g3M ... e=emb_logo
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Lansky1 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:39 am Here's an international twist ... I found this band comprised of 5 young ladies that guys on a guitar forum were raving about ... each member is a virtuoso (and I don't say that lightly). The bass player is exceptional - she's the backbone of the group; you can set your watch to the drummer (she even has a solo in the middle of this song - if nothing else, ffd to 2:08 and watch the drum solo), singer has such a strong voice (don't let the fact it isn't english turn you away - she has such great vocal range and stage presence), and the lead guitarist is amazing (I've been playing 30 years & can hold my own ... she'd cut me off at the knees). They wear quirky outfits, but give it a chance - you'll never see another hard rock band as happy on stage as this band is - they're having such a good time, its infectious !! THey have the crowd whipped into a lather - this is like old school arena rock - just don't see this kind of energy anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHpuEqMAcDg

This is just a studio video, but it's a really catchy song ... plus the bass player has a solo - when is the last time you saw that ?!?!? ::nod::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uds7g3M ... e=emb_logo

"just don't see this kind of energy anymore."

Pretty impressive!!👍👍 I take exception to that comment tho!😁 Samantha Fish brings it, too!!
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Good one, Willy!👍

One of my favorite in the link below.

https://youtu.be/fMIJuuk1SFs
Ryan

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Stanwade wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 am Good one, Willy!👍

One of my favorite in the link below.

https://youtu.be/fMIJuuk1SFs
Yesir mate, it tis the piece-di-resistance of Telecaster perfection. ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

For you Ryan.
:D
Winston Churchill

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Thanks buddy 👍👍!!😁
Ryan

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 am Thanks buddy 👍👍!!😁
::super_happy::
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

https://youtu.be/U8ssJ2VRwUo

I might have posted this one before..it resonates with me.. Johnny's tribute to his brother.. Yesterday was my brother's birthday, he passed away when I was 12.. been going down memory lane... music sure can jog the memory... miss you Ritchie...
Ryan

Return to “The Music Forum”