Parkers

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Parkers

Post by JamieinWV »

Parker Bullet
Attachments
IMG_2433.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice Jamie! If it only had 1 blade...! ::hmm:: 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:06 am Nice Jamie! If it only had 1 blade...! ::hmm:: 8)
Thanks Mark I too would prefer only one, but the condition it’s in I’m a happy camper, I’ll run across some of his kin and maybe a single blade will be in the mix.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

As long as you're happy with your new knife Jamie it doesn't amount to a 2nd thought what anyone else thinks. Enjoy your knife bud! 8)
8)
wlf

Post by wlf »

Jim Parker was a horse trader. Mine , I had another he had made in Germany that he sold as NOS found a warehouse. I think they were supposedly Shapleighs 3 different handles, I got my money back. He had a bunch of old brand names made in Germany, I don't know if he had acquired their rights .

Parker FJ Japan155.jpg
Parker FJ Japan156.jpg
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

wlf wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:31 pm Jim Parker was a horse trader. Mine , I had another he had made in Germany that he sold as NOS found a warehouse. I think they were supposedly Shapleighs 3 different handles, I got my money back. He had a bunch of old brand names made in Germany, I don't know if he had acquired their rights .

Parker FJ Japan155.jpgParker FJ Japan156.jpg
Oh yes Jim Parker was the equivalent to P.T. Barnum
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Xmas Beaver Tail
Attachments
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this Parker/Frost from Matt at ""Sanders Knives" recently! It's a 6 1/2" oal slip-joint and has a SS drop-point blade with a long pull and partial swedge, NS bolsters, brass liners, and fiery MOP covers. This is a nice knife! 8)
WIN_20221219_13_55_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221219_13_55_00_Pro.jpg
8)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Wow, that knife glows, Marco! That is gorgeous.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Rev! That's how it looks in my laptop's poor pictures, in person it's even nicer. 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:34 pm I got this Parker/Frost from Matt at ""Sanders Knives" recently! It's a 6 1/2" oal slip-joint and has a SS drop-point blade with a long pull and partial swedge, NS bolsters, brass liners, and fiery MOP covers. This is a nice knife! 8)WIN_20221219_13_55_18_Pro.jpgWIN_20221219_13_55_00_Pro.jpg
Awesome score mark that knife was made with you in mind.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I just wonder who's mind though! ::shrug:: 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:23 am Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I just wonder who's mind though! ::shrug:: 8)
Charlie Manson ::shrug::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Do you find yourself in a dark place currently Jamie, cuz of all the minds you could have mentioned Charlie would have been the last I'd have expected? Besides, he's dead and has nothin' going through his mind, the least of being what kind of knife to build for his ole' pal Madmarco! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:16 am Do you find yourself in a dark place currently Jamie, cuz of all the minds you could have mentioned Charlie would have been the last I'd have expected? Besides, he's dead and has nothin' going through his mind, the least of being what kind of knife to build for his ole' pal Madmarco! 8)
I’m sorry for the dark shade…my new answer Hugh Hefner
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Now that's more like the Jamie I know!!! It's a great choice too, since Hef hasn't built me a knife in quite some time now! lol! Never any need to apologize to me pal, I always know your comments are never meant to harm anyone. ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I recently received this 9 1/8" oal Parker slip-joint that features a SS Tanto blade, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and beautifully aging white camel bone covers! Weighs-in at about 5 oz.'s and arrived sharpened. It displays a fine fit and finish considering it's age, and has a pull of 5 accompanied by a half-stop and loud firm detent. There are Parker markings on the tangs and blade, and it was built in Japan. One teeny flaw is an uneven run-up, but that can be overlooked on an otherwise great knife.
The seller told me some history about my new knife, as to it's validity I'll likely never know. He said the knife came from the Secret Service agent who was assigned to guard Ronny Reagan and it was with him in his pocket the day Reagan was shot in 1981. He continued saying, the same agent again had my knife in his pocket when he witnessed the Twin Towers collapsing in NYC in 2001...! ::hmm:: As cool as the story is, to me it doesn't seem feasible that the same agent 20 yrs. later was involved in another serious incident, I mean, how long can those agents continue working under the circumstances they face everyday? He gave me this information AFTER I'd paid, so a sales pitch doesn't seem likely, but still...! ::hmm::
All I know is, if I've been bamboozled that seller had better sleep with one eye open! lol!
True story or not I like this knife, and, it will now keep it's brother company as seen in the last picture!
8)
WIN_20230503_12_01_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230503_12_01_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230504_14_49_44_Pro.jpg
8)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Yesterday afternoon, this pocket knife arrived in a group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. It now becomes my first example to be posted under this topic or thread. I did NOT purchase the group or lot of pocket knives to obtain this particular pocket knife. However, it will get added to my general, foreign born, pocket knife accumulation. It is a PARKER CUT. CO., "CHINCHILLA", one blade, two tang stamps, blade etchings, 2 3/4" closed, one spring, lockback, pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says, "PARKER CUT. CO. (over) eagle logo or symbol" The main blade back tang stamp says, "SURGICAL STEEL (over) JAPAN" The blade etch says, "CHINCHILLA" along with an etched image of one. This pocket knife seems to have shed its scales. The blade has a soft half stop, but a good opening snap and a good closing snap. This pocket knife is still in GOOD condition. It did need a VERY small amount of cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Etchings.
The Main Blade Front Etchings.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.