Japanese "BARLOW" Knives.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Japanese "BARLOW" Knives.

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

These two money clip style pocket knives arrived recently in a group of pocket knives that I purchased. These two particular money clip style pocket knives were NOT the targets of my purchase. They are both identical, BARLOW JAPAN, single blade, single tool (file), 1 1/16" X 2 1/8" closed, single tang stamp, money clip style pocket knives. Each one has the same, identical, tang stamp, "BARLOW - STAINLESS - JAPAN." They are both in VERY GOOD condition. They both required a very minor cleaning. I took some pictures and here they are.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Japanese "BARLOW" Knives.

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

These two pocket knives recently arrived in separate groups or lots of pocket knives that I bought. These two particular pocket knives were NOT the targets of my purchases. They are both BARLOW, they both have two blades, they both have a single tang stamp, they both measure 2 3/4" closed, both are all metal pocket knives. The main blade tang stamp on each pocket knife reads, "BARLOW - STAINLESS - JAPAN." They are both in EXCELLENT condition. I took some pictures and here they are.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This money clip style pocket knife arrived recently in a group of pocket knives that I purchased. This particular money clip style pocket knife was NOT the reason for my purchase. This is my third, BARLOW JAPAN, single blade, single tool (a file), 1 1/16" X 2 1/8" closed, single tang stamp, money clip style pocket knife. The other two money clip pattern or style, "BARLOW" pocket knives have been previously posted under this topic or thread. The tang stamp says, "BARLOW - STAINLESS - JAPAN" It is in VERY GOOD condition. It did need a very minor cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This money clip and or lobster style of pocket knife arrived recently in a very large group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. This particular pocket knife was NOT the reason for my purchasing the group or lot. However, as it turned out, it is a keeper and will make a nice addition to my general, foreign made, pocket knife collection. It is a BARLOW, one blade, one tool (a file), 1 1/16" X 2 1/8" closed, one stamp below the clip, one tang stamp, money clip and or lobster style of pocket knife. It may have had an advertising insert at one time. But it definitely does not have one now. The main blade front tang stamp has the letter "B" inside a circle. On top of the circle is a curved or arched "STAINLESS" On the bottom of the circle is a curved or arched "JAPAN" The "B" in a circle, "STAINLESS" and "JAPAN" are all in a larger circle. On the back, below the clip, it says "BARLOW B60" The main blade has a good half stop and a good opening and closing snap. The tool has a soft half stop and a weak opening and closing snap. Overall, it is in VERY GOOD condition. It did NOT need any cleaning. I wiped it off, took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Top - The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.<br />Bottom - The Stamp Below The Clip.
Top - The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Bottom - The Stamp Below The Clip.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This advertising, lobster pattern or style of pocket knife arrived in a very large group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. This particular pocket knife was NOT the reason for my purchasing the group or lot. However, as it turned out, it is a keeper and will make a nice addition to my general, foreign made, pocket knife collection. It is a BARLOW, two blades (one serrated), four tools (a file, screwdriver, heavy duty tweezers(?), scissors), one tang stamp, 5/8" X 2 3/8" closed, lobster pattern or style of advertising pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says "BARLOW (over) STAINLESS (over) JAPAN" The main handle side says nothing, it is blank. The other handle side has a "CN" logo and says "Official Opening - June 7th, 1984 - Prince George-Diesel Shop" Overall, this pocket knife is in VERY GOOD+ condition. It did NOT need any cleaning. I just wiped it off. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.

Skip
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

A very interesting knife, Skip! The heavy-duty tweezers look like they might be a tick removal tool. And I have to wonder if the knife may have originally come from Virginia or Maryland, both of which have counties named Prince George.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:13 am A.....
Thank you, Dan. 🍻

Skip
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I believe the C N logo is for Canadian National railways. The Diesel Shop likely repairs locomotive diesel engines.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Japanese-made knives”