Other Seki Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Other Seki Made

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:20 pm
Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:04 pm I received the first of these 2 knives from Mark at SSk awhile back, so when I spotted this 2nd one in his store I figured I'd complete the set and bought it! It's a 7" oal Marbles lockback/SS spear-point blade, fully engraved NS bolsters, NS pins, brass liners, and dark horn covers with white streaking. The 2 knives are identical, but for more white streaking in the new one. The last pic is to compare the 2 knives! 8)WIN_20211118_10_35_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20211118_10_35_36_Pro.jpgWIN_20211118_10_36_35_Pro.jpg

Those are sweet, Mark! ::groove:: Sent you a PM too. 😉
Thanks John! ::handshake:: Got your PM and replied! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Those two do look great together. I like the coloring on the new one especially.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:59 am Those two do look great together. I like the coloring on the new one especially.
Thank you bud! I too like the new one, it has so much more streaking than the first! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

So the handle is buffalo horn?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 am So the handle is buffalo horn?
Correctomundo Garry! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ha. Correctomundo is a word I used several score years ago and hand't heard since. Nice to see the tradition continues.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 am Ha. Correctomundo is a word I used several score years ago and hand't heard since. Nice to see the tradition continues.
LOL! First time I heard it was on Happy Days when Fonzie said it! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I couldn’t believe that I won the auction on this one last week. Now I have a third Master Seizo Imai knife for the collection. This is a Loveless drop point hunter. The handles are a resin that looks like horn. The tang is tapered for balance just like the others I have in my collection.
I included pictures of the 3 Imai knives that I have. A customer asked me a few weeks ago “what is the last knife you would sell or let go out of your collection?”. I had to think about that for a few weeks, it was such a great question. When I thought it through, I came up with these knives from Master Imai and my first Moki, a Moki Ares. Now there are 4 that would be last to go.
Attachments
3F014951-B62F-49F4-B4FC-C554CD3D40D4.jpeg
B06F7070-64EE-4852-B5A4-7C5D580EB8AE.jpeg
9A869B36-C476-4F2A-AA62-A82C0F88AAFE.jpeg
795FD6CD-ABB7-4FB8-A63F-03A25EF5748F.jpeg
93C563B0-F519-40BE-9466-6C905931A9C4.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mark, I fully understand why you would not part with these gorgeous knives. Great design and balance. I think they are stunning.

You may recall this knife designed by Master Imai The Black Mamba for Hattori. Unfortunately, with his passing someone else finished the piece and did a poor job of it. I could receive a replacement or refund. I chose the refund. So, alas, I currently have nothing by Master Imai.
P1040076 (2).JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Garry. That had to be a big disappointment. I remember when you bought that one from JKD. It’s really too bad, that would have been a great one to have.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 pm I couldn’t believe that I won the auction on this one last week. Now I have a third Master Seizo Imai knife for the collection. This is a Loveless drop point hunter. The handles are a resin that looks like horn. The tang is tapered for balance just like the others I have in my collection.
I included pictures of the 3 Imai knives that I have. A customer asked me a few weeks ago “what is the last knife you would sell or let go out of your collection?”. I had to think about that for a few weeks, it was such a great question. When I thought it through, I came up with these knives from Master Imai and my first Moki, a Moki Ares. Now there are 4 that would be last to go.
Your new hunter is spectacular Mark, and along side of the other two they all look stunning! That's a great feeling when you win an unexpected auction, isn't it! I sure hope I never get asked to part with my knives but for one, because choosing only one to keep would be virtually impossible! I can think of 40 off the top of my head that I'd be heartbroken if I lost them, my SSk Moki 433 being the most prominent! I noticed you've listed your Tommy Lee Paragon in your store, and even though I already own that exact knife I STILL want to buy it! Such a cool dagger! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:58 pm Mark, I fully understand why you would not part with these gorgeous knives. Great design and balance. I think they are stunning.

You may recall this knife designed by Master Imai The Black Mamba for Hattori. Unfortunately, with his passing someone else finished the piece and did a poor job of it. I could receive a replacement or refund. I chose the refund. So, alas, I currently have nothing by Master Imai.

P1040076 (2).JPG
That's a shame Garry. I thought you had opted for the replacement. Oh well, ::shrug:: it gives you something to strive for! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Changed my mind Marco.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:58 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 pm I couldn’t believe that I won the auction on this one last week. Now I have a third Master Seizo Imai knife for the collection. This is a Loveless drop point hunter. The handles are a resin that looks like horn. The tang is tapered for balance just like the others I have in my collection.
Your new hunter is spectacular Mark, and along side of the other two they all look stunning! That's a great feeling when you win an unexpected auction, isn't it! I sure hope I never get asked to part with my knives but for one, because choosing only one to keep would be virtually impossible! I can think of 40 off the top of my head that I'd be heartbroken if I lost them, my SSk Moki 433 being the most prominent! 8)
Thanks Mark, I like my Moki 433 too. I’ve been using one for a couple of months now and it’s so impressive. I’ve had to sharpen it once and it sharpens up nicely, one of the few knives I can get to shave hair when I’m done.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Got in this Buck knife made by Master Koji Hara. I know this one has been shown before but it’s a sweet knife and deserves to be shown again. I forgot it was slightly used when I bought it. Someone did a poor job of sharpening this and I tried to straighten the edge out. I got it back to hair shaving sharp and stopped, I will get all the unevenness out next time I sharpen it. Glad it came used, now I have no compunction about using and carrying this. I love it already. Such a great size and the blade is a great length for what I use a knife for most of the time. Plus the Chinese Quince wood feels great in hand. I like the “stone step” bolsters, it adds grip. Nice easy one hand open and closing. The blade is ATS-34, one of my favorite stainless steels to use.
Attachments
0201380C-9E94-4963-998D-F51998CCAA08.jpeg
579C12B9-90D4-4279-BC2D-469DDC4C24BB.jpeg
ABAFF78F-80AE-44E6-AED2-B75DFFA8F40D.jpeg
3CDA267E-AF62-4595-A209-BA262EA0977C.jpeg
E1658BA9-F2EA-4B90-8A0D-9D7F1D13A8E6.jpeg
1276D66F-2B81-4447-9433-52B312F5E46D.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice Mark! ::tu:: I really like the smooth clean lines, definitely my kindda knife! 8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Blackjack "Yukon Skinner" with gnarly Stag handle. Big, beautiful, solid & sturdy---what's not to like? This is clearly designed as a heavy-duty working knife, but I'm not planning to use it---just hold and admire. ::nod::

P1230013.JPG
P1230008.JPG
P1230010.JPG
P1230007.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Looks even better than it did in Mail Call ~Q~! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I think I saw that Mamba on Ebay a week ago or so. I bid on it but it went higher than I was hoping. What great stag on this one, what a great knife.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

This Paragon is being added to my collection. Just got it this weekend. Made in Seki Japan this has cocobolo handles and a stainless steel blade and pins. One of the things I like about these Paragon knives is the tapered tang they all have, it really gives these knives balance. I didn’t notice until I took pictures that there is a very thin red liner between the cocobolo handles and the tang. Designed by George Herron. If I had to guess, I think these were made by Master Seizo Imai. The build, look and feel is so much like my other Imai fixed blades that it makes me think he had a hand in building these. Whoever made these, did an incredible job.
Attachments
5699334C-BE89-4624-898E-22FB21D22467.jpeg
AC3D8A5C-AC6A-42FA-8F77-151238EB5B04.jpeg
22795C46-89B6-4208-85D4-5F8E0D48448A.jpeg
86380C9E-DAFE-4238-BA05-C1E327133042.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Stunning Paragon Mark! ::tu:: It'll fit right in with your other models. ::nod:: I still like my dagger with black micarta best of all though! ::groove:: Congratulations bud! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

When I saw this one, I was surprised I didn’t have this one yet. Not many of this one come up for sale very often. The dagger is still my favorite too.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The Herron design has a beautiful "flow" to it from blade tip to handle butt. The lines are perfect. A wonderful piece.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you Garry. It’s a very artistic design.
Painter80

Post by Painter80 »

I got this parker imai k-139 yesterday
Attachments
20220227_171558~2.jpg
20220227_171541~2.jpg

Return to “Japanese-made knives”