Schrade sheath

A place to show off and discuss the art of making sheaths, belts, pouches, and other knife related leather items. Pick up ideas & tips here or share some with others.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Schrade sheath

Post by Reverand »

I made this leather sheath for a coworker (the same one that I made the Leatherman sheath for a few weeks back).
This time I used some much better leather.
I also put an edge on the knife for him - it was so dull that I couldn't tell the edge from the spine.
1B5EE39C-77CB-4C6C-BB95-C501913311BC.jpeg
I am not sure of the model of this knife. It only says "Schrade USA" on the tang, and "Hunting" on the shield. When I first saw it I thought of a Sharpfinger, but the blade curves the wrong way.
147EB30F-CED7-4F06-8B38-B243D377718C.jpeg
I only barely dabble in Leatherworking. I made many of my tools myself. Here are the most common ones, all laid out on my cutting mat (yes, on a clipboard. I don't have a dedicated place to do leather work).
5C31F25D-DDA2-45C7-9356-CB09AE9096E4.jpeg
The rusted screwdriver is a fairly good edger, and the forks are my chisels. All of the tools work fairly well except for the drill-mounted slicker. It works better as a rougher instead. I need to buy a real slicker, I guess.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Nev52

Re: Schrade sheath

Post by Nev52 »

Looks good to me Reverand ::tu:: Knife repair leather work. You have all the bases corvered. ::nod::

Nev

Return to “Knife related leather work forum”