Winchester 2081

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Winchester 2081

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This combination letter opener and pocket knife arrived recently. It was in a very small group of pocket knives that I bought. But, I did NOT buy the group for this particular item. I do not collect combination letter openers and pocket knives. This is a WINCHESTER - TRADEMARK - MADE IN U.S.A., pattern 2081, single blade, single tool, two tang stamps, combination letter opener and pocket knife. The body itself measures 3 1/4." From the tip of the tool to the tip of the blade (opened), it measures 9 1/4." The main handle side says "OFFICE KNIFE." The other handle side says nothing. There is a crack in each handle and there is also a small piece of handle missing. Other than those issues, this combination letter opener and pocket knife is in decent shape. I cleaned the tool and the blade only. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg