Quick Point (Winchester)

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Quick Point (Winchester)

Post by edge213 »

Main blade mark side:
QUICK POINT
ST. LOUIS

Main blade pile side:
MADE BY
WINCHESTER
TRADE MARK

Goins says 1928-1940
Attachments
20201121_210933.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Quick Point (Winchester)

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Beautiful knife David! ::tu:: ::tu:: I have a Quick Point St. Louis around here somewhere, but it was one of those that was made by Remington. Yours is the first Winchester I’ve seen.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Quick Point (Winchester)

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:32 am Beautiful knife David! ::tu:: ::tu:: I have a Quick Point St. Louis around here somewhere, but it was one of those that was made by Remington. Yours is the first Winchester I’ve seen.

Ken
Thanks Ken.
This is the first one that I've seen also.
A buddy gave it to me for my bday.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Winchester Knife Collector's Forum”