the knife is now on ebay

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
Berryb

the knife is now on ebay

Post by Berryb »

I went in to get the knife I talked about below and he had listed it on the bay. I don't know how to put the listing here but It is listed as a" very old signed winchester knife". The seller is" buxt 3406". take a look and see what you think. Thanks
Bruce
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: the knife is now on ebay

Post by 1967redrider »

Here's the listing. Very interesting shield, not sure what you would call it. ::shrug::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/very-OLD-Signe ... Swthtfrxeb
Attachments
Screenshot_20201116-202701.png
Screenshot_20201116-202717.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

That is one interesting knife. I wonder if the other side was re-handled.

Bob
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

looks ok to me, could no see real well. don't look like it has been missed with to me. I could not find any one like it in my books.

Harold
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

The pictures are poor and could stand some improvement. I think the enlargeable pics offered buy eBay are well worth the price unless your hiding something or selling junk. Knife looks interesting and I also wonder why the back handle is so dark. Don't really doubt the knife but would like to get a better look.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I don’t find anything like it or even similar in the Winchester references I have. That doesn’t mean it isn’t legit, just suspicious. It’s difficult to put a value on something so unusual. The pictures are too poor to assess the knife beyond that. Personally wouldn’t spend much for it as a collectable unless it can be verified as legitimate. It comes down to “How much are you willing to gamble?”

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Winchester M21

Post by Winchester M21 »

I’d have to see a good pic of the tang stamp. But from what I see I don’t think it’s real Winchester bone and shield
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!!
Shawn
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

The tang stamp looked legit to me, but I'm not an expert. There is no model number on the other side, so the main blade was probably not meant to be a main blade. The pen blade has no markings. I assumed that the knife was made from "lunchbox" parts, but I don't know. The shield is the big stumper for me. I guess if a regular on AAPK ends up with it or it shows up on "counterfeit watch" we'll know more. Thanks
Bruce

Return to “Winchester Knife Collector's Forum”