Help with identification

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
Vit_213

Help with identification

Post by Vit_213 »

Photos from ebay. What it is? Who did this?
Attachments
17035 (1).jpg
17035 (2).jpg
17035 (3).jpg
17035 (4).jpg
17035 (5).jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with identification

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like a numbered Limited Edition Rifle Shield Series Texas Toothpick, made by Blue Grass. First numbered one I've seen.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

My impression has been that Blue Grass makes nothing but paperwork. There is probably a thread on this that might show me to be wrong. I think the knives they brokered were made by Queen?
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

1967redrider wrote:Looks like a numbered Limited Edition Rifle Shield Series Texas Toothpick, made by Blue Grass. First numbered one I've seen.
This is what the creators of this knife wanted to show us, but:
This model has never been on the Blue Grass website, although at different times all 26 releases of the "Rifle Shield" series that were released from 1988 to 2010 were listed there.
All models (except the first two) in this series were packaged in white boxes.
All models (except the first two) in this series had "W 15 xxxxx 1/2" type numbers.
All models in this series have a bone or stag handle and did not have serialization.
The tang stamp of this knife is different from all the Winchester knives I have seen.
And finally, the most important thing - this knife looks worse than any Winchester knife made by the Queen.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Would someone go to all the trouble of creating a counterfeit box and paperwork to go along with a counterfeit knife? ::shrug:: I guess I would avoid it at this stage.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Winchester M21

Post by Winchester M21 »

I’m with vit_213 in this one. Sure don’t look like bluegrass or queen quality to me!
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!!
Shawn
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Maybe this is own production of Blue Grass? :lol:

Return to “Winchester Knife Collector's Forum”