Edge Pro Scissors Sharpening Attachment

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
Working Edge

Edge Pro Scissors Sharpening Attachment

Post by Working Edge »

So far, this scissors sharpening attachment has proven an amazingly useful attachment and a solid investment, as I've been able to easily sharpen several garden tools with outstanding results.

Also have sharpened a few cheap pairs of scissors which we had laying around the house, for training and practice. There are two quality pairs in my workshop which will get sharpened soon; I'll try to take some photos documenting the process.
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
kootenay joe

Re: Edge Pro Scissors Sharpening Attachment

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark i would like to see a picture of the scissors attachment on your EdgePro and also a picture with the scissors in place for sharpening.
thanks, kj
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Here are some photos of the scissors sharpening attachment setup.
Unfortunately, my captions do not render correctly, so please bear with my (hopefully logical) sequence of photos, first showing the bare blade table of the Edge Pro Apex unit, then the un-mounted scissors sharpening attachment lying on the benchtop, followed by the scissors attachment installed on the blade table, followed by couple views of a couple pairs of scissors mounted into the attachment and ready for sharpening.
On a couple of these photos, the stone arm has been removed.

Thanks for reading..!
Mark
Attachments
20210419_200748.jpg
20210419_201656.jpg
20210419_201001.jpg
20210419_200942.jpg
20210419_201125.jpg
20210419_201237.jpg
20210419_201503.jpg
20210419_201300.jpg
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I looked into that setup. Very spendy for me right now, and I know for sure one of my preferred retailers didn't have it in stock when I checked. However, I'm not ruling out the possibility of getting on farther down the road. It looks like a first-rate setup. Thanks for the great write-up and photos!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Dan,
You are most welcome.
Re: the cost of the Edge Pro device, the basic sharpener has already earned more than half its cost, and I am expecting the scissors sharpening attachment to pay for itself before long.
Thanks for your comments,
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Hoo-Wee, Boy-Howdy, am I enjoying this scissors sharpening attachment on my Edge Pro device....!!!
After having practiced on a few cheap pairs of scissors, today I sharpened a decades old quality Wiss Inlaid 8" scissors, and wow, excellent results..!
In less than 20 minutes, including setup time, that scissors sharpening attachment put a super-precision, clean and uniform bevel on those scissors blades, and brought that old Wiss back to life.
Also restored killer sharpness to a very dull pair of kitchen shears, in no time flat.
THAT'S what I'm talking about..!!
🤠🤠🔪🔪🔪
Attachments
Before
Before
After...notice the fine edge bevel...
After...notice the fine edge bevel...
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark, thanks for posting these pictures. They show the scissors 'set up' very well.
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Mark, sounds like you really like your Edge Pro, and it is paying it's way. I originally thought you would like it when you purchased it, as i said in a previous post, i got a cheap knock off model, and i was impressed with mine, so the real deal would be the " cats whiskers ". :lol:

Return to “Sharpening Forum”