shark tank

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
treydog

shark tank

Post by treydog »

Did anyone catch the tv show shark tank the other night? they show cased a company that would charge 10.00 per blade. They supply a postage paid envelope, have your knife professionally sharpened, and ship it back within 10 days.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: shark tank

Post by philco »

I did not see that but I'm sure there are folks who would be happy to pony up that much for a sharpened blade.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::hmm:: The only problem is how would it be sharpened. I'd hate to send a knife off and have it ruined. I've been to Knife shows where guys have a table set up to sharpen knives. I watched this guy sharpen a blade and I thought to myself no way is he touching mine, if its going to be sharpened I'll do it myself. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

One, knife sharpening isn't exactly a new business. There's lots of people that do it as a business. Secondly, to me, from what I've seen, most of the stuff that has materialized as a result of Shark Tank was as-seen-on-TV junk.

And with me, it's why I always (try to) do it myself; and choose EDC steels I can sharpen with basic gear. Else, I typically send it to the manufacturer if it's steel I know won't dull too quickly (154CM, CPM154, D2, S30V).

Return to “Sharpening Forum”