Idahone ceramic V sharpeners

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
cudgee

Idahone ceramic V sharpeners

Post by cudgee »

I have been sharpening knives for 50 years and i'm always listening and trying new techniques, that is why i joined this forum. I recently purchased an Idahone ceramic V sharpener. I really like it, and can get a really sharp edge on a knife. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has one, what do you think of it and do you have any advise or special techniques you use? ::hmm::
kootenay joe

Re: Idahone ceramic V sharpeners

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi cudgee. I have not heard of this sharpener. Can you post a picture and/or provide an on line link to the sharpener ?
Pictures ensure a good response. No pictures often brings fewer comments.
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I would if i could. I'm a neanderthal with computers. But if you google Idahone, they have a great website, particularly the Learning Centre. I'm very happy with mine. I've got other v sharpeners as well, so between them i can work from about 200grit through to 1500grit.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I took a look. Looks similar to the Spyderco rods, certainly same idea: sharpening rods set at an angle and you hold the blade perpendicular and draw the edge down the rod on one side, then the other.
I have a Spyderco set up and it works best for touch ups but is slow for a re=profiling of the edge.
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I have some diamond rods, depending on what you want to achieve, you can profile blades with these. But they will not last like the ceramic will. I have the capacity to sharpen from 15, 20, 22.5 and 25deg..

Return to “Sharpening Forum”