Sold Out In Under 10 Seconds

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sold Out In Under 10 Seconds

Post by QTCut5 »

As expected, the latest Northwoods drop of the Lookout Jack sold out in under 10 seconds.
Attachments
Northwoods Lookout Jack.jpg
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Rimfirekyle

Re: Sold Out In Under 10 Seconds

Post by Rimfirekyle »

I scored blue 44!
Attachments
northwoods-knives-lookout-jack-blue-camel-bone-a-44__47422.1635772336.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I forgot. Not sorry I did. It raises my blood pressure to get all the way through checkout and at the end find out that I didn’t get a knife. I have been avoiding KSF since last year when that happened on the 35’s.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rimfirekyle wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:33 pm I scored blue 44!
I don't know how you did it, but Congratulations. ::tu::

I'm just waiting to see how much the effin' flippers try to flip them for on eBay. ::disgust::

Anyone else here who managed to score one better be wary of the wrath, contempt and disdain of AAPK members if they try to flip one in an AAPK store (or on eBay, for that matter, because we know who you are ::paranoid:: )

Sadly, there will always be those who pay the flippers' prices...which is why the practice of flipping continues. :(

~Q~
Rimfirekyle

Post by Rimfirekyle »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm just waiting to see how much the effin' flippers try to flip them for on eBay. ::disgust::

Anyone else here who managed to score one better be wary of the wrath, contempt and disdain of AAPK members if they try to flip one in an AAPK store (or on eBay, for that matter, because we know who you are ::paranoid:: )

Sadly, there will always be those who pay the flippers' prices...which is why the practice of flipping continues. :(
I guess I'm a little torn..... I understand the desire of some to buy these to maybe trade for other hard to get items.

But the the people who send em straight to the bay ...... that's rough.

I instantly went to page 4, scroll scroll scroll, click the best one I see and paypal for the win.
Rimfirekyle

Post by Rimfirekyle »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:40 pm I forgot. Not sorry I did. It raises my blood pressure to get all the way through checkout and at the end find out that I didn’t get a knife. I have been avoiding KSF since last year when that happened on the 35’s.
Just a part of it I guess. I love the challenge personally.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I don't even attempt.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I sit these out nowadays but there was a time that I would have tried for one.

I remember when I was 10 years old me and a friend put cash in an envelope and mailed it off. That's how we both bought our first knives. We got the cash by saving up our lunch money. Then we waited for what seemed like an eternity for them to arrive. There wasn't any tracking back then and no shipping notifications either. Just checking the mailbox every day in anticipation.

Things sure have come a long way since then.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:43 pm

I guess I get some wrath then, not for the Northwoods but the last GEC Pony Jack. I had my bro try for one for me and also I did myself, we each got one so one goes to the bay or possibly trade for a different GEC on here. If I make a little on it, it just goes back into the knives. I think a lottery would be a lot better, but there are probably ways of gaming that as well.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Coinfolio wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:15 am I guess I get some wrath then, not for the Northwoods but the last GEC Pony Jack. I had my bro try for one for me and also I did myself, we each got one so one goes to the bay or possibly trade for a different GEC on here. If I make a little on it, it just goes back into the knives.
I don't think trading the knife counts as "flipping" (nor does putting it up for auction on eBay). However, a straight sale for cash is different; the amount of mark-up over the retail cost that is added to the asking price is what determines a "Flipper" IMHO--YMMV.

~Q~
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Incidentally, what did these sell for? I'm looking for a nice Northwoods to go with my old S&Ms, but not at $400+.
Attachments
IMG_20210822_152230654.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:01 pm Incidentally, what did these sell for?
The first notice I received from KSF showed a price of $157 and change. But, when I tried to buy one the price was listed as $147 + change...I suppose the two separate prices may have been specific to the different handle materials: wood and blue camel bone, I didn't have time to check during the ten-second mad scramble to get one in my cart and check out before they were all sold (obviously, I was unsuccessful, as usual).

~Q~
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

QTCut5 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:12 pm
1967redrider wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:01 pm Incidentally, what did these sell for?
The first notice I received from KSF showed a price of $157 and change. But, when I tried to buy one the price was listed as $147 + change...I suppose the two separate prices may have been specific to the different handle materials: wood and blue camel bone, I didn't have time to check during the ten-second mad scramble to get one in my cart and check out before they were all sold (obviously, I was unsuccessful, as usual).

Thanks, Q! ::handshake::

Hard to justify paying even $300 for a $150 knife in my book.
🤔 Maybe after Christmas things will settle down . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:06 pm
QTCut5 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks, Q! ::handshake::

Hard to justify paying even $300 for a $150 knife in my book.
🤔 Maybe after Christmas things will settle down . . .

If you could even get one for $300. Probably much higher.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Since I can't afford GEC or Northwoods even at MSRP, I pay no attention to them at all. But, this has to be the first Northwoods I can honestly say I like.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

It's been a while since I tried for one of these but this one looked really nice so I thought I would give it a go. It seems like the check out had changed a bit and i had a couple of miscues so naturally that shot my chances in the foot. This one seemed like the fastest to the finish that I can recall.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

cody6268 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:22 pm Since I can't afford GEC or Northwoods even at MSRP, I pay no attention to them at all. But, this has to be the first Northwoods I can honestly say I like.
Me neither. The only one I have was on close out because it was an extremely unpopular Moose pattern.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Matt_WY
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Matt_WY »

E268826B-306B-4523-8C1E-442DC0D33D8D.jpeg
I was lucky and able to grab #76. No time to browse, quickly pick one out and try to get through check out.
WTB: GEC\Plaza Cutlery 33 dog paw knife
Rimfirekyle

Post by Rimfirekyle »

Matt_WY wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:52 am E268826B-306B-4523-8C1E-442DC0D33D8D.jpeg

I was lucky and able to grab #76. No time to browse, quickly pick one out and try to get through check out.
Congrats! Mine doesn't arrive until tomorrow!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

LOOK OUT! ::uc:: ...the "flipping" of the latest Northwoods release has begun on eBay. ::tired:: ::barf:: :roll: ::disgust::

I will be curious to see if/when it sells for the flipper's asking price of $449.00 + $9.00 for economy shipping (keep in mind, the seller only paid around $150 for this knife less than a week ago and Parcel Select shipping costs much less than he's charging). Some people have no shame. :evil:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203689084054?h ... SwyA1hiDBh
Northwoods Lookout.jpg

~Q~
Matt_WY
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Matt_WY »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:00 am LOOK OUT! ::uc:: ...the "flipping" of the latest Northwoods release has begun on eBay. ::tired:: ::barf:: :roll: ::disgust::

I will be curious to see if/when it sells for the flipper's asking price of $449.00 + $9.00 for economy shipping (keep in mind, the seller only paid around $150 for this knife less than a week ago and Parcel Select shipping costs much less than he's charging). Some people have no shame. :evil:

Northwoods Lookout.jpg
Yup, I’m done with Northwoods and most GECs on the secondary market. If I don’t land one on the drop I just move on.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Matt_WY wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:52 am E268826B-306B-4523-8C1E-442DC0D33D8D.jpeg

Very nice Matt! ::tu:: I really like your avatar too, ::nod:: you and your best friend! Very cool! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:00 am LOOK OUT! ::uc:: ...the "flipping" of the latest Northwoods release has begun on eBay. ::tired:: ::barf:: :roll: ::disgust::

Northwoods Lookout.jpg
The seller accepted a "Best Offer", so no telling how much it went for. Anything they got over $147. is pure gravy. They only have a feedback score of(55)so it looks like they've 'flipped" that many transactions. F**king low lives! 8)
8)
Matt_WY
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Matt_WY »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:53 am
Very nice Matt! ::tu:: I really like your avatar too, ::nod:: you and your best friend! Very cool! 8)
[/quote]

Thanks @Madmarco he’s a best boy!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

So far no one is willing to "risk" putting one up for auction...probably afraid they wouldn't get the 500% return on their $150 "investment" that flippers generally expect. ::disgust::

Here's the second one to show up on eBay ($400 OBO + $15.95 shipping):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334212905423?h ... R9793e6gXw
Northwoods Lookout Jack.jpg

~Q~

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”