Will There Be More Northwoods ?

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
kootenay joe

Will There Be More Northwoods ?

Post by kootenay joe »

The Northwoods brand has established itself as premium brand and for the past number of years have been made by GEC.
Some months ago GEC said they will no longer make SFO's for other brands. Does this mean no more Northwoods ?
Does anyone know what the plans are for Northwoods knives ?
kj
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Will There Be More Northwoods ?

Post by texoma »

I think GEC will still make Northwoods, we've recently seen Charlie's TC 15 Barlow Sepia and now they are doing a 38 club knife for OKCA. Time will tell.
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

texoma wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:33 pm I think GEC will still make Northwoods, we've recently seen Charlie's TC 15 Barlow Sepia and now they are doing a 38 club knife for OKCA. Time will tell.
It is possible that GEC had already agreed to making these 2 knives before they announced no more SFO's.
Would certainly be great to see more GEC made Northwoods.
kj
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I think Bill Howard might treat the Northwoods line a little differently. In my opinion, Northwoods seems more like a brand name than an SFO with a dealer's name on it.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”