Latest Release Show Some Pics.

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
cudgee

Latest Release Show Some Pics.

Post by cudgee »

Northwoods latest drop just sold out in under 5 minutes. Looking forward to seeing photos, they looked just so good, i really liked the Kudu Bone. Could this be their last run with GEC not doing anymore SFO's?
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: Latest Release Show Some Pics.

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

cudgee wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:14 pm Northwoods latest drop just sold out in under 5 minutes. Looking forward to seeing photos, they looked just so good, i really liked the Kudu Bone. Could this be their last run with GEC not doing anymore SFO's?
I got a rock again. Stuck in Pay-pal , again.
9999000677344221112.png
9999000677344221112.png (137.73 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I was cart snatched twice. First on a giraffe bone then on a camel bone.

No biggie. It was pretty much what I expected to happen.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Railsplitter wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:57 pm I was cart snatched twice. First on a giraffe bone then on a camel bone.

No biggie. It was pretty much what I expected to happen.
Yes mate, that is the nature of the beast now, at least you have the right attitude. There will be plenty of complaining, there always is after these drops. Sorry you missed out though. ::dang::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I got through the checkout 7 different times to only have the knife sold out to someone else. I’m going to make some serious decisions about this going forward. Whether they make any more Northwoods or not, I think I am done w/ collecting them. In fact I am going to cool down before I decide whether to list all my Northwoods knives for sale and have KSF take me off all their lists. Tired of being treated like this, no joy in collecting these anymore. DLT is getting a lot more of my business since they are letting you keep a knife you put into your cart. If DLT can do it, so can KSF.
Yes I am complaining about it. If enough people hammer KSF about the way they handle check out, maybe they will get the message. I sent them an email expressing my frustration, I hope others do as well.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

goose egg.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 pm I got through the checkout 7 different times to only have the knife sold out to someone else. I’m going to make some serious decisions about this going forward. Whether they make any more Northwoods or not, I think I am done w/ collecting them. In fact I am going to cool down before I decide whether to list all my Northwoods knives for sale and have KSF take me off all their lists. Tired of being treated like this, no joy in collecting these anymore. DLT is getting a lot more of my business since they are letting you keep a knife you put into your cart. If DLT can do it, so can KSF.
Yes I am complaining about it. If enough people hammer KSF about the way they handle check out, maybe they will get the message. I sent them an email expressing my frustration, I hope others do as well.
You can take, getting slapped in the face, only so many times...before you say...I don't really like that feeling. Feeling the same :(
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 pm I got through the checkout 7 different times to only have the knife sold out to someone else. I’m going to make some serious decisions about this going forward. Whether they make any more Northwoods or not, I think I am done w/ collecting them. In fact I am going to cool down before I decide whether to list all my Northwoods knives for sale and have KSF take me off all their lists. Tired of being treated like this, no joy in collecting these anymore. DLT is getting a lot more of my business since they are letting you keep a knife you put into your cart. If DLT can do it, so can KSF.
Mark want do you any good . I've already went that route and had my name removed off there list . There not the only one if you don't have light'n speed computer. The same for Traditional Pocket Knives (C. Risner Cutlery ) got tired of having it in the cart and then between the lag in pay-pal and there required login it doesn't stay in your cart . I sent both of them an email trying to explain that is not good business practice . There reply was it's the way the computer program is run . I don't think I would have repeat customers if I sold something out from under a customer while they where trying to pay, to a guy with a quicker hand at pulling his cash out of his pocket wouldn't work at doing shows ::handshake::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That’s a good point Gary. It wouldn’t be taken well if you did that to people right in front of you. It’s too bad that these are so hot that they don’t have to worry about customer satisfaction with their experience. It’s very disheartening. I had some really beautiful knives in my cart several times and I guess that’s what stings so much is having it and then someone comes along and snatches it right out of your cart.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Mlajoie

Post by Mlajoie »

Guys, it sucks getting cart snatched, but if that happened to you it probably means it was in someone else’s cart before yours and they had started the checkout process when you put it in your cart. There are things you can do, like creating an account and logging in ahead of time. Set up PayPal so you don’t have to enter your credit card. Set an alarm on your phone 5 minutes early and refresh the page at the stroke of the hour. Those are the things people are doing who get the knives. It is a product of demand and is not the fault of the seller or the maker. They are making as many as they can and they are not required to make enough for everyone who wants one. To use a modern term, these are mid-tech knives. You don’t just push a button in the factory and get as many knives as you want. No one is being greedy or trying to drive up hype. There are just too many people at home stress shopping through COVID right now and factories have staffing restrictions that affect efficiency. Before you point a finger and throw away the best traditional knife manufacturer in the world, consider these things and the fact that just because it was in your cart doesn’t mean it was in your cart before the person who got it. If cart protection was implemented, you probably would have seen sold out long before you clicked on the item, given that you were not able to get to check out first. It’s ok to be frustrated, but complaining about why it’s not fair is not going to get a policy change that will allow you to have every knife you want. Just my $0.02...
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

This may help show how many people are buying or trying to on these drops. There were 418 bone on this drop plus an unknown amount of micarta, so we will call it over 500 knives going up for sale and gone in the blink of an eye. But cannot wait to see photos, they just looked so good. 8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mlajoie wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:56 pm Guys, it sucks getting cart snatched, but if that happened to you it probably means it was in someone else’s cart before yours and they had started the checkout process when you put it in your cart. There are things you can do, like creating an account and logging in ahead of time. Set up PayPal so you don’t have to enter your credit card. Set an alarm on your phone 5 minutes early and refresh the page at the stroke of the hour. Those are the things people are doing who get the knives. It is a product of demand and is not the fault of the seller or the maker. They are making as many as they can and they are not required to make enough for everyone who wants one. To use a modern term, these are mid-tech knives. You don’t just push a button in the factory and get as many knives as you want. No one is being greedy or trying to drive up hype. There are just too many people at home stress shopping through COVID right now and factories have staffing restrictions that affect efficiency. Before you point a finger and throw away the best traditional knife manufacturer in the world, consider these things and the fact that just because it was in your cart doesn’t mean it was in your cart before the person who got it. If cart protection was implemented, you probably would have seen sold out long before you clicked on the item, given that you were not able to get to check out first. It’s ok to be frustrated, but complaining about why it’s not fair is not going to get a policy change that will allow you to have every knife you want. Just my $0.02...
I already do everything you said to move through the process as fast as possible. I would be perfectly fine if it showed “sold out” rather than this frustration of going through checkout 7 times. This same thing happened last time as well. That’s my complaint, not how many people are buying them or the quality etc. They can update their checkout system and make it work better.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

I'm with Mark just don't let you put it in your cart if it's already sold out .
But once it's in your cart it should stay in your cart that's the honorable way to do it.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kennedy knives wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 am I'm with Mark just don't let you put it in your cart if it's already sold out .
But once it's in your cart it should stay in your cart that's the honorable way to do it.
Only if they limit you to one, otherwise there is nothing to stop you filling your cart then just going along paying for them.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Not sure how long this link might stay active... In the meantime you can see pictures of every knife in the drop. Enjoy.

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/northwoo ... S71r-jcGSI
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Beautiful knives for sure.
But, I'm not Going to play "the game" to acquire one.
There are to many other knives out there.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Northwoods !
Gyl2cTP.jpg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Went for broke and somehow got a mammoth. You have just seconds to spot one you like & move on it. I was really happy to see the plain style blade again.
I'm really getting too old for this kind of stress ::woot::
northwoods-indian-river-jack-mammoth-a-87__02617.1604934572.jpg
-Tim
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

FarSide wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:24 pm Went for broke and somehow got a mammoth. You have just seconds to spot one you like & move on it. I was really happy to see the plain style blade again.

FarSide you got a nice one! Good fortune smiled upon me as well. I had no idea what the back looked like until after I had already purchased it.
Attachments
CC182E60-4A6D-4C0D-9BC9-CA67BDF82D3D.jpeg
87676A3C-3850-47FA-B361-4BEF9CAB78D8.jpeg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

RalphAlsip wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:52 pm
FarSide wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:24 pm Went for broke and somehow got a mammoth. You have just seconds to spot one you like & move on it. I was really happy to see the plain style blade again.

FarSide you got a nice one! Good fortune smiled upon me as well. I had no idea what the back looked like until after I had already purchased it.
Very nice, and nicely matched covers. I did not even have time as well to look at the back. Mine is very well matched as well. For some reason that photo will not load.
-Tim
wingerac
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by wingerac »

I ended up with a Kudu. There were far nicer ones but they were disappearing like hotcakes so I jumped on it. I tried to get knives on 5 NW drops and this only my second success so I'm happy!
Attachments
ZomboDroid 12112020134745.jpg
Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

Snagged this purple beauty! My very first Northwoods and I have been waiting for the chance to grab one for years, and finally got through! Very excited... plus it'll also be my first Camel Bone clad knife.
Attachments
A134168F-51AA-4A2C-83E4-5D2C7C1117E0.jpeg
AD2D5B08-22A8-40F7-B36E-EAF1831EB214.jpeg
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Tried for a Mammoth, no luck, managed to snag a Kudu, think it's pretty neat looking.
Attachments
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2753.jpeg
IMG_2751.jpeg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

JohnR wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:10 pm Tried for a Mammoth, no luck, managed to snap a Kudu, think it's pretty neat looking.
That is very unique. I like it.
-Tim
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

JohnR wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:10 pm Tried for a Mammoth, no luck, managed to snag a Kudu, think it's pretty neat looking.
That is a really nice one. Bet it feels good in the hand. Have seen those going for asking prices well, and i mean well above the original price. People never cease to amaze me, some of the prices i see " Sellers " asking for, and they still want to add a few extra bucks for postage, you would reckon they would throw in the postage, staggering. Anyway, glad you got one, and a really nice one at that, well done. ::tu::

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”