Northwoods Presidential

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
kootenay joe

Northwoods Presidential

Post by kootenay joe »

I am hoping to have a separate thread for each of the Northwoods patterns released since Derrick Bohn (KSF owner) became owner of this brand in 2009. People can post their example of the pattern and over time each thread will show the range of handle materials.
I also see this as a way to keep these patterns and their names correctly associated. Like, do i have a Broadway Jack, or a Michigan Jack ? I can't tell them apart but once each has it's own thread, i will be able to know which i have.
This thread is for the "Presidential" a 4" single spring Equal & Double End Jack. Steel is 1094, bolsters are threaded and flat. It really is a top notch knife, one of the best Northwoods. It is a big pocket knife but slender and easy to carry.
Here is mine with mammoth handles.
Please post your Presidential knife.
kj
Attachments
IMGP3232.JPG
IMGP3233.JPG
IMGP3234.JPG
IMGP3235.JPG
Cletus Awreetus

Re: Northwoods Presidential

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

very nice Joe! I'm a big fan of what Bohn is doing with Northwoods as well and will be happy to participate. I've got a Little Bay, Fremont (in Ivory no less), a Lincoln, Delta and a Gladiator.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi Cletus, welcome & thanks for posting. Feel free to start a thread here with one of your Northwoods patterns. I have not heard of the "Gladiator".
If this is from the Dave Shirley days there is a separate thread for D.S. Northwoods.
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Well I'm still in that Northwoods state of mind and I'm really excited about this one I picked up Sunday night. A Presidential with mammoth covers .She'll be here soon! ::super_happy::
Attachments
s-l400 (79).jpg
s-l400 (79).jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
s-l400 (78).jpg
s-l400 (78).jpg (24.66 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Greg, congratulations for another addition to your Northwoods collection. ::tu:: The Presidential is a really nice pattern. It would be great if they would do another release for the Presidential. I would like to get a less expensive example (micarta?) that I wouldn’t feel guilty about putting in my pocket.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Nice one Greg, and it has the original black KSF pouch. Only time pouch came in black for the Northwoods i have.
The Presidential is quite unique in having a master blade as big as a 4" jack, yet the knife is slender like a pen knife. Great design. I really should use mine and get maximum satisfaction.
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Jerry and Roland thanks very much. I am really excited to get this one.I don't Know how committed KSF is about going back to these older patterns but this is one I have been after for a while.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:I am hoping to have a separate thread for each of the Northwoods patterns released since Derrick Bohn (KSF owner) became owner of this brand in 2009. People can post their example of the pattern and over time each thread will show the range of handle materials.
I also see this as a way to keep these patterns and their names correctly associated. Like, do i have a Broadway Jack, or a Michigan Jack ? I can't tell them apart but once each has it's own thread, i will be able to know which i have.
This thread is for the "Presidential" a 4" single spring Equal & Double End Jack. Steel is 1094, bolsters are threaded and flat. It really is a top notch knife, one of the best Northwoods. It is a big pocket knife but slender and easy to carry.
Here is mine with mammoth handles.
Please post your Presidential knife.
kj
Roland, This is a good idea. These are knives I am woefully ignorant about. Having a separate thread for each would be nice.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Here’s my Blue Camel Bone version of the Presidential model. I’m a big fan of the blade combination and the slim design. I’m in search of a mammoth example to add to my collection if anyone has one to part with.
FCD4DB8A-DF6C-4A48-BB37-40BD739AAA5A.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Buckibbq wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:25 am Here’s my Blue Camel Bone version of the Presidential model. I’m a big fan of the blade combination and the slim design. I’m in search of a mammoth example to add to my collection if anyone has one to part with.
FCD4DB8A-DF6C-4A48-BB37-40BD739AAA5A.jpeg
That's a nice camel bone. Hope you find that Mammoth. I've looking to trade for an Ebony one for some time.
-Tim
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

I’d like to find the other three now. Ebony, Mammoth and Micarta. Love the color on this red bone almost as much as the blue.
CE2C24A4-E62B-492A-9935-87A2970069F8.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Buckibbq wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:05 am I’d like to find the other three now. Ebony, Mammoth and Micarta. Love the color on this red bone almost as much as the blue.CE2C24A4-E62B-492A-9935-87A2970069F8.jpeg
The Red Jigged is very nice as well.
-Tim
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Ebony Presidential is very classy.
BA4D1E3E-AEF3-49DA-8F82-BFDE7BFA7FA6.jpeg
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

The mammoth Prez is a recent addition to the Northwoods family.
IMG_8104.jpeg
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

Very, very nice, Bryon. Congratulations on finding one!
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

@#$%$#@6&*(&)!!! that is a great group bucki, wow you really scored on getting all of those different handles. Excellent knife, congrats on acquiring some holy grail looking stuff. Love seeing those kind. ::tu::
Attachments
WP_20190303_016.jpg
WP_20190303_011.jpg
WP_20181114_094.jpg
WP_20181114_129.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Those are all beauties Bryon, I think I like the red the best. Ebony is a close second.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Buckibbq wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:38 am Ebony Presidential is very classy.BA4D1E3E-AEF3-49DA-8F82-BFDE7BFA7FA6.jpeg
Indeed very classy. The best of the Presidential's IMHO. But the Mammoth recent addition is also very nice.
-Tim
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Ivoryman wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:01 am @#$%$#@6&*(&)!!! that is a great group bucki, wow you really scored on getting all of those different handles. Excellent knife, congrats on acquiring some holy grail looking stuff. Love seeing those kind. ::tu::
Nice one! Don't see many of that cover.
-Tim

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”