Northwoods Willamette Whittler

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Northwoods Willamette Whittler

Post by gsmith7158 »

I believe we need a page for this very sexy knife.
Attachments
IMG_5401 (2).JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Cletus Awreetus

Re: Northwoods Willamette Whittler

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

gives a whole new meaning to 'ticklin the ivories"
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I have one in mammoth Greg and I agree. A wonderful knife. And that one is a beauty! ::nod:: ::nod::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

What a score ! Ivory is hard to 'capture' well in pictures. I bet in hand it is very much an "Oh Wow" experience.
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Traded into this Ivory Willamette, beautiful knife.
Attachments
IMG_1517.jpg
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Wunderbar. Did it come from the factory like that or is that a rehandled. Whichever, that is fantabulous.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 pm Wunderbar. Did it come from the factory like that or is that a rehandled. Whichever, that is fantabulous.
Thanks Jerry, came from the factory but not listed in the production totals, don't know how many were made, if I remember right Derrick Bohn supplied the Ivory to GEC.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

JohnR wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 pm Traded into this Ivory Willamette, beautiful knife.
Wow JohnR, what a fabulous knife. A Gorgeous piece of ivory you have there. Nothing like it. Congrats. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes, very fine knife. Most of us here would love to own it. I think the ivory and mammoth Northwoods are about the most expensive production knives on the secondary market right now and likely for some time.
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Thank you all, was pretty happy to be able to trade for this. I'm not positive but I think I remember reading a year or 2 ago that GEC would no longer do Elephant Ivory knives. I also found out that there were less than 20 of these made, the bag this one came in is labeled #3.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Great knife John! The Willamette wears that cover beautifully. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

gsmith7158 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:13 pm Great knife John! The Willamette wears that cover beautifully. ::tu::

Thanks Greg, I see you have one of these beauties also, do you know how many were made?
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

JohnR wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:04 pm
gsmith7158 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:13 pm Great knife John! The Willamette wears that cover beautifully. ::tu::

Thanks Greg, I see you have one of these beauties also, do you know how many were made?
John , I do not. I believe there was only one release of Willamettes in 2015. GEC shows that there were 44 Spiral mammoth Ivory knives produced but KSF does not show those. All they show is Elephant Ivory and regular mammoth. Perhaps the spiral mammoth was replaced with elephant ivory. ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

Just prior to the transportation issues regarding ivory circa 2015, GEC did a limited amount of multiple models, parts knives so to speak. Broadway, Willamette, Fremont etc. I have it in a deeply recessed fold in my brain that it was about 6 examples per model. I could be, and likely are wrong on the numbers but that was the situation back then. Gorgeous knife.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Looks like JohnR found the right trade for the beautiful Willamette. I searched as best I could to find the trade he was after, but to no avail...congrats John, that’s a prize! I’ve only got one Willamette and would certainly like to add others. I lucked into this one on a trade.
Attachments
E8BF9F12-70F7-4A7F-AA13-001CEA51413F.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Buckibbq wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:53 pm Looks like JohnR found the right trade for the beautiful Willamette. I searched as best I could to find the trade he was after, but to no avail...congrats John, that’s a prize! I’ve only got one Willamette and would certainly like to add others. I lucked into this one on a trade.

Beautiful stag on that one, great knife!
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

I need to take an updated group photo of the Willamette Whittlers that I’ve found. I’m one short of the set as of now. Looking for the crosscut mammoth version. I think there were just under 50 produced. Here’s another stag that I’ve added to the collection.
7685CB9F-C008-4A0E-865D-46EECC4FF399.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

I still need a group shot of the Willamette Whittlers that I have, but I’ve been hoping to add the elusive crosscut mammoth version to make a complete set. I did get around to taking some pics of the latest WW to join the others. This one in mammoth ivory.
IMG_7454.jpeg

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”