Dave Shirley Marbles Fixed Blades

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Dave Shirley Marbles Fixed Blades

Post by kennedy knives »

Nice Pamphlet I found in a Marbles Fixed Blade Box . Pictures aren't great it was folded . From 1999
Attachments
IMG_7760.JPG
IMG_7753.JPG
IMG_7754.JPG
IMG_7755.JPG
IMG_7756.JPG
IMG_7757.JPG
IMG_7758.JPG
IMG_7759.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Dave Shirley Marbles Fixed Blades

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice information, thanks for posting. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Great find in a knife box for sure !!! Marble's was just getting rolling
in 1998 after Craig Lauerman hired Mike Stewart on...I had the pleasure
of talking with Craig a few times and told him how great it was him and his Pa
brought Marble's back to glory again...to bad they brought Brinkley in in late 2001
and it was a steady decline to the end ...reckon that is why Craig sold out to him in 2002

I always thought that 2000 year catalog was the best and most complete to describe
all their products..if you do not have one and run up on one, I would most certainly
pick it up...that 1999 one and the 2000 one had the most info on their knives for sure..
all knives except for the Custom Shoppe LLC from 1998-2001 were all made in Gladstone, Mich.
What a shame it all had to end !!!

Stag
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

stagman wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:46 pm Great find in a knife box for sure !!! Marble's was just getting rolling
in 1998 after Craig Lauerman hired Mike Stewart on...I had the pleasure
of talking with Craig a few times and told him how great it was him and his Pa
brought Marble's back to glory again...to bad they brought Brinkley in in late 2001
and it was a steady decline to the end ...reckon that is why Craig sold out to him in 2002

I always thought that 2000 year catalog was the best and most complete to describe
all their products..if you do not have one and run up on one, I would most certainly
pick it up...that 1999 one and the 2000 one had the most info on their knives for sure..
all knives except for the Custom Shoppe LLC from 1998-2001 were all made in Gladstone, Mich.
What a shame it all had to end !!!

Stag
Thanks for the info maybe you could tell what you have learned from that time period I try to pick up all the Marble Fixed Blades & folders from that era . Well made Knives ::handshake::
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

I am gonna change out computers so I will be down for a bit,
and got some chores that will not wait....including a prospecting run before Labor day...
let me know what type info you are interested in in the 1998-02
knives and when I get squared away, I will see what I can muster...
and I include 2002 knives as this year, least part of it, were great knives...
you can tell when they went to the banner stamp, no Gladstone Mich. USA
these 2002 knives were "very" deeply stamped, bout 2-3 times deeper than the
rest of the years...they were getting the blanks from a small forging company
in Washington state...These were great knives with the steel in em, but Brinkley
put a stop to that too...yack @ ya later

Stag

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”