Marble's Knife Age

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
Wonderboy

Marble's Knife Age

Post by Wonderboy »

Hi All,

My neighbor is selling some of her Dad's personal effects and came across this old Marble's hunting knife. The knife is in excellent condition and appears to have never been sharpened or used. She is wondering about the approximate age of the knife, the model name of the knife and the approximate value. The serif on the letter A goes to the left, which I believe dates it to late 1930's or so but I'm not sure. I don't believe that the sheath is a Marbles original sheath. Any help that you Marble's collectors can give will certainly be appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Marble's Knife Age

Post by 1967redrider »

Your sweet Marble's Expert is tang stamped 1911-1930. Probably in the $75+ range. Great looking knife! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Wonderboy

Re: Marble's Knife Age

Post by Wonderboy »

Thanks redrider, appreciate knowing all of that info.

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”