Looking for Info

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
mmajor75

Looking for Info

Post by mmajor75 »

I have recently come into a handful knives and I would love to get some quality info on them. One happens to be this Marbles. I have had my hands on a couple fabulous machetes made by Marbles but the newer knives I am clueless to. I've searched for a match to this knife on eBay for a value and cannot find one similar. If my dating pattern is correct I am guessing this is 1998. Any other information that can shed light is grwatly appreciated.
Attachments
20191008_014659.jpg
20191008_014637.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Looking for Info

Post by jerryd6818 »

It appears to me that your 1998 date is spot on. As far as value is concerned ::shrug:: . In my opinion, value is subjective and personal.
Attachments
Dating Marbles Knives '97-'02 Spacers.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Re: Looking for Info

Post by kootenay joe »

I followed the newer Marbles fixed blades on ebay for a few years. Prices vary widely but not often much over $100. The ones from Mike Stewart years should be excellent users similar to today's Bark River knives. I don't think there is much collector interest at this point, but there might be in 50 years.
kj

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”