Thanks Bryan for Marble's Forum

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Thanks Bryan for Marble's Forum

Post by stagman »

Quick note to say "Thanks" to Bryan for making this forum.... ::handshake::

I have been a collector of Marble's knives and Outing Equipment for over 40 years
Webster Marble really is considered the father of the American Hunting knife
Marble's was the clear cut leader in the U.S.A. from 1900 to 1930 in bringing fixed blade
hunting knives to the American public...
They were the very "First" knife company to bring the Stacked Leather washer handle into widespread use in America
Their knife design's and patterns were copied by Case, KA-BAR, etc. as well as by a lot
of German cutlers back around 1900 - 1930
Being an inventor, Webster Marble also made several other products that garnered world wide fame
Safety Axe, Safety Folding knife, compass, matchbox, etc.
They are still one of the leaders in gun sights today and have been for way over 100 years
They closed their doors in 1974 till father and son team Jim & Craig Lauerman bought the company in 1994
Fast forward 3 years hiring Mike Stewart as president of knife operations, Marble's took the cutlery world
by storm from 1997 to 2002 under Craig & MIke's leadership......
They revived old patterns and came out with oh so many New knife blade patterns on straight blade knives
I personally believe in Blade Steel, Construction, Patterns, and use of Stag, Bone, Micarta, Leather, etc. for their
handle materials, these knives from what is commonly refered too as the Stewart Era,,
were the best made Marble's knives in their 111 history !!!

I am truly looking forward to conversing Marble's products, something I am very familar with, after being a
AAPK member and store owner since 1-2-06

WIll
aka-Stagman
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Thanks Bryan for Marble's Forum

Post by stagman »

Its been really enjoyable gig in the last month for me anyways,,,,and a great diversion
from all the grief I have dealt with the last 4 months,,, too see this Marble's forum
take off and finally grow some legs !!! ::woot::
So a big AAPK Thank You to all the members that made it happen !!!

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
jward52

Re: Thanks Bryan for Marble's Forum

Post by jward52 »

Marble sold firearms too. I have a Savage Model 1899 22HP lever action rifle that has Marble Arms Co. stamped on the barrel tang. My grandfather bought it sometime in the 1920s on his way to his hunting camp in Alger County, according to my father.

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”