Lets see those Parker's

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
PCwizard

Lets see those Parker's

Post by PCwizard »

Welcome to AAPK new Parker Specific Forum. Please post anything and everything about Parker Cutlery, James Parker is one of the biggest names in Knife Collecting. I don't think knife collecting would be the same without him.

Parker, Parker USA, Parker Cut Co, Parker and Son, Parker-Edwards, Parker-Frost, Parker-Imai, Eagle Brand, American Blade, Parker Benchmade, Parker Aida Design and many more.

AAPK Members Lets see those Parker's we all have them so post your Favorites, Parker History, Stories and Questions.

Attachments
d1.jpg
1.jpg
WP_20170823_18_32_50_Rich.jpg
1.jpg
1.JPG
1.jpg
p1.jpg
2.jpg
PAB-1.jpg
1.jpg
XX Case XX

Re: Lets see those Parker's

Post by XX Case XX »

I've always wondered about those knives. I might have to get one. How's the quality?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

As you might expect, some are better than others...the Parker line is so vast, it's impossible to qualify them all simultaneously with a single assessment. I have quite a few and some are great while others are...well, not so great.

Here are a couple of mine that are super quality knives
P8060377.JPG
P9140099.JPG
P8130159.JPG
P8220203.JPG
This one looks pretty cool, but not the highest quality. Interesting feature is the blank banner in the Eagle blade etch
P8060383.JPG
P8060388.JPG
~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Thanks Gary, good information. By the way, I like the knife in photo #9 in your original post, and photo #4 in the 2nd Post with the Japanese writing on the blade. I'm assuming it's "Kanji". They look pretty cool. ::tu::

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here's a Parker Cut Co. First Monday pearl whittler. Made in Japan. I have a few more Parker's around somewhere. ::shrug::

Ken
Attachments
Parker Cut. Co. Pearl whittler
Parker Cut. Co. Pearl whittler
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Here's a Parker Cut Co. First Monday pearl whittler. Made in Japan. I have a few more Parker's around somewhere. ::shrug::

Ken
I'm not familiar with Parker Knives so I have to ask: What is the significance of "First Monday"?

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

XX Case XX wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:Here's a Parker Cut Co. First Monday pearl whittler. Made in Japan. I have a few more Parker's around somewhere. ::shrug::

Ken
I'm not familiar with Parker Knives so I have to ask: What is the significance of "First Monday"?

Back in the early days of the western frontier, counties and some towns had circuit judges. The judge would come to town the first Monday, third Monday, etc of every month, and hold court. This usually drew a crowd, so a lot of trading of goods took place. Livestock, guns, knives, and so forth. Traditionally folks came to the county seat from farms and surrounding small towns starting the Friday before First Monday, and the trading commenced, usually lasting through Monday.

Although there are no longer circuit-riding judges, the trade days tradition carries on. The east Texas town of Canton has a First Monday trade days, claimed to be the largest in the world, the week-end before the First Monday of every month. At least that's what they advertise. :lol: Having been there several times I'd say it would be hard to refute their claim. Here's some more https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Monday_Trade_Days

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Thanks Ken. I knew there had to be some significance to that phrase... ::tu::

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Here's one that I've had for years. A little bone trapper.
Attachments
DSCN8873.JPG
DSCN8875.JPG
DSCN8876.JPG
DSCN8880.JPG
DSCN8884.JPG
DSCN8886.JPG
DSCN8889.JPG
Joe
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

XX Case XX wrote:Thanks Gary, good information. By the way, I like the knife in photo #9 in your original post, and photo #4 in the 2nd Post with the Japanese writing on the blade. I'm assuming it's "Kanji". They look pretty cool. ::tu::

Thanks Mike, As QT said Parker made a little bit of everything. Some of the Knives are very good quality some are not. They made so many different patterns theirs something for every type of collector.
KAW

Post by KAW »

Parker−Frost paired up with Schrade on some bicentennial limited edition commemoratives. One series had a knife designed to represent each of the 13 American colonies. Since I cannot afford to buy a complete set at once, I figured I'd pick them up one at a time.... so I started with this one representing North Carolina I acquired on eBay. Purely by coincidence, the seller was James Parker.... whose father was Jim Parker of Parker−Frost Cutlery. He did a nice write on the knife which I will quote only the pertinent parts:
Hi I'm James Parker and I am offering some knives for auction from the recent purchase of a collection of several thousand knives....
This is a 1976 issue Schrade Special Factory Order, 12th in the series, 13 Colonies Commemorative Knife for auction, honoring the state of North Carolina. This Schrade 3 blade Stock is 4" closed and the master Clip blade is tang stamped with Limited Edition and an Eagle. The rear of the master Clip blade is pattern stamped with TC-12 S.W. Cut. USA.

This knife was produced for my dad, the late Jim Parker, and Jim Frost's Parker-Frost Cutlery in 1976 as they had an entire series produced commemorating the original 13 Colonies making up the United States.

The master Clip blade is etched with the trademarked Parker Eagle, which reads "Thirteen Colonies" in the banner the Eagle is holding. This knife features the serial number "0653" on the front and handle with an antique brass finish which have been sculpted from original art.

The knife has remained in the original box and plastic bag for 40 years. Just a tad of minor tarnish and patina from age. This knife is complete with all box and paperwork!!

This knife honors North Carolina as it reads "North Carolina 1653" on the front side and "battle Of Kings Mountain" on the rear side.

We bought another group of the United States produced Ellenville, NY knives and have some more super offerings of these authentic genuine Schrade Cutlery knives. This knife was still enclosed in the plastic bag as I opened it to make the photos.

This Schrade 1976 manufactured North Carolina Stock, a Parker-Frost Special Factory Order 13 Colonies Commemorative from the last of the Schrade Ellenville, NY factory knives, is in great condition in the original issue 2 piece factory box with Certificate Of Authenticity (and cardboard sleeve guard) and being offered at No Reserve. Thanks for your bids, we appreciate it
.”
10199 10198
10196 10197

I also have the complete collection of the 5 "Founding Fathers" series, but at a different location.... so I probably won't get an opportunity to photograph them until Friday at the earliest. :roll:
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
sextonknifeworks

Post by sextonknifeworks »

Here is a conglomeration of Parker, Frost and Taylor. Mostly all Japanese made.
Attachments
parker.png
wlf

Post by wlf »

Hello Micheal.

Of course He did about everything. I've had two of these. Don't know where it was made,looks Japanese.
Attachments
Parker FJ Japan155.jpg
Parker FJ Japan156.jpg
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
MUD

Post by MUD »

Bout time!!!!!! ::tu::

Some of the best childhood scars I have are thanks to a One Arm Pillbuster!!! I'm glad to see Parker has got a place here.

To start with,
I got this a few days ago and until I can sort through and find all the Parker's I have, it's a good start.
IMG_20170901_054831761.jpg
This may upset some of y'all on either end, not my intention. I honestly don't care if it does, I thought of this as a kinda 'best of both worlds'.
Whoever did it, it's a fairly good job. A little side to side wiggle, half stop and open/close SNAP like a new one.

It was listed as 'parts', but I don't think so.
I don't know how it's gonna go, but I'm seriously considering leaving well enough alone.

'SUPER RARE... ONE OF A KIND' ::ds::

Just figured somebody else may get a kick outta this.

Hopefully I don't add to the scars.
My name is Mud,
But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie
That's long for Mud, so I've been told
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

MUD wrote:Bout time!!!!!! ::tu::

Some of the best childhood scars I have are thanks to a One Arm Pillbuster!!! I'm glad to see Parker has got a place here.

To start with,
I got this a few days ago and until I can sort through and find all the Parker's I have, it's a good start.

IMG_20170901_054831761.jpg

This may upset some of y'all on either end, not my intention. I honestly don't care if it does, I thought of this as a kinda 'best of both worlds'.
Whoever did it, it's a fairly good job. A little side to side wiggle, half stop and open/close SNAP like a new one.

It was listed as 'parts', but I don't think so.
I don't know how it's gonna go, but I'm seriously considering leaving well enough alone.

'SUPER RARE... ONE OF A KIND' ::ds::

Just figured somebody else may get a kick outta this.

Hopefully I don't add to the scars.
It's nice to here the seller sold it correctly. It looks like a good one to carry.
bigbore

Post by bigbore »

A nice Barlow
20170905_095553.jpg
Erwin
KAW

Post by KAW »

Took a bit longer than expected.... but as promised.... Schrade / Parker "Founding Fathers" Bicentennial Series.
5 large stockmans: George Washington [cream], John Adams [blue], Thomas Jefferson [green], Patrick Henry [white], Nathan Hale [red]
....all with blade etch & shield in the iconic Parker eagle. Notice how the blue felt liners did not hold up nearly as well as the red. ::teary_eyes::

10236 10237 10238
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
KAW wrote:Took a bit longer than expected.... but as promised.... Schrade / Parker "Founding Fathers" Bicentennial Series.
5 large stockmans: George Washington [cream], John Adams [blue], Thomas Jefferson [green], Patrick Henry [white], Nathan Hale [red]
....all with blade etch & shield in the iconic Parker eagle. Notice how the blue felt liners did not hold up nearly as well as the red. ::teary_eyes::

10236 10237 10238

Very nice KAW,
MUD

Post by MUD »

IMG_20170919_081425473.jpg
A couple of Pillbusters and a Mustang.
My first real knife was a One Arm Pillbuster. It had the smooth bone handles. Got it from my dad shortly before he passed.
Wish I still had that one. Don't know where it went, kids'll be kids. Probably traded it for some Hot Wheels.
My name is Mud,
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A Parker Little Pill Buster
Parker Bone Little Pill Buster.jpg
And a Japanese Flying Falcon
Parker-Frost - Flying Falcon Open.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

jerryd6818 wrote:A Parker Little Pill Buster
Parker Bone Little Pill Buster.jpg

And a Japanese Flying Falcon
Parker-Frost - Flying Falcon Open.JPG
Jerry, I own about 30 Parker's but I've never bought or even held a Frost or Parker/Frost knife. What the quality like in the Frost knives or the Parker/Frost knifes. The Flying Falcon you have there reminds me of a Parker I once had, it was OK quality with good fit and finish. ::tu::
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are some of mine:
Parker-Imai Gunstock.
Mini Boot knife.
Reproductions of early 19th century folding dirks and bowies.
Large folding hunter.
Benchmade Tak Fukuta collaboration.
Three small lock backs.
Parker-Edwardssurvival knife(1 of 500)with Damascus blade.
Attachments
Parker Imai Gunstock 001.jpg
ParkerCut.CoMiniBootKnife6.JPG
ParkerCutlery 001.jpg
ParkerCutlery 004.jpg
ParkerCutlery 007.jpg
ParkerCutlery 009.jpg
ParkerCutleryCoCanoeLogo2017-1.JPG
ParkerCutleryCoLeopard2017-1.JPG
ParkerCutleryMustang2017-1.JPG
Parker-EdwardsSurvival1of500.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

A couple more:
Parker that looks like a Spyderco knockoff
Parker tobacco knife.
2 Parker Edwards lock backs
Attachments
ParkerSpyderCoStyle-1.JPG
ParkerTobaccoKnife#322-1.JPG
2ParkerEdwards1A.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I have this knife listed as a Parker National Blade in my files but the tang is just stamped National Blade. I don't know anything about it but it's a neat little knife.
Attachments
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
MUD

Post by MUD »

IMG_20170924_160048279.jpg

Found another Pillbuster, still looking. I know there's a few more somewhere.

Nice Little Pillbuster Marine!!!
My name is Mud,

Return to “General Knife Discussion”