anyone have Problems loading photos to STORE from Mac

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
Nick

anyone have Problems loading photos to STORE from Mac

Post by Nick »

Thanks for reading.
For approximately five years I have had no problems posting photos to MY STORE. When I switched from a PC to a Mac I had to upload from Chrome instead of Safari, but that was easy to find how to do. I have upgraded the OS in my Mac to the new Catalina, as of the New Year. Its great no problems, however, before I switched I had zero issues with uploading to my store. Since the upgrade no go. The photos do not bounce back, they drop as they should, but the AAPK site never acknowledges the data. I am not that computer literate beside from operating one, so I don't code or understand. My diagnosis may not be correct that the problem is the new OS, but thats a safe bet.
Can anyone help me? I was waiting fro the new year to upload new inventory and now I am stuck.
I'm happy with the new operating system and it is a standard upgrade, so I am looking for a way around. I have tried Chrome but same thing, the photos just do not upload. I have tried moving the photos to another folder, but no go. That where I am now..
Thanks to anyone in advance I am at a standstill. I am using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 2015 model if that helps. ::pray::
Grateful-
Nick
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
Knicks Knives & Things Store
AAPK Class of 2013
https://allaboutpocketknives.com/nick
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: anyone have Problems loading photos to STORE from Mac

Post by Bryan »

Hi Nick,

I'll do my best to diagnose & fix this for ya ::tu::

Sounds like you are getting the popup window used to upload images to show correctly for you. If it doesn't look like picture below, please let me know...
upload-modal.jpg
If your window looks like the above, could you run through the following process & report back exactly where any odd behavior occurs & any error messages you might get?

1. Click the "Add Files" button
2. Select one image from your mac & double click or open it -> (Image should show inside the popup window)
3. Click the "Start Upload" button -> (progress bar should reach 100% & then "Start Upload" button should become faded & unclickable)
4. Click "Finish" button -> (popup window should disappear & image should show on main form)
5. Fill in all missing form data with filler text / info so you can submit listing without errors for missing form fields unrelated to images
6. submit listing -> (image should upload & listing should show on your product list with image)
7. delete listing so the test item doesn't display to the public for sale
Bryan
Nick

Post by Nick »

Bryan thanks- step by step
I access my seller dashboard- click add new product- page opens to add things to store- I click images-- pop up window comes up (just like your screen shot)--I click add files-- pop up drops down from above-- when I go to photos and double click- the thumbnails do not highlight or appear in pop up window. cannot drop and drag or double click--

If I do the same as above but instead of double clicking, I split the screen with AAPK on one side and PHOTOS on the other. usually I can drag and drop from photos to AAPK page-- however now when I drag and drop the photo does not appear in AAPK box it just disappears -- The Start Upload Button never activates after drag and drop or double click.

Thats where I am stuck

I have been doing it the above way split screen for a few years with no problem.

Thanks Bryan
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Nick wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm when I go to photos and double click- the thumbnails do not highlight or appear in pop up window.

Does it do the same if... instead of double clicking, you single click; then hit the "Open" button?
Bryan
Nick

Post by Nick »

No - when I attempt to click a thumbnail of my photo, it does not recognize the "click" the thumbnail does not highlight as usual when it is clicked. The thumbnails do not even move, it is as if they do not recognize the cursor is clicking them. can not move beyond this step
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

That's odd ::hmm::

I'm going to change your settings to use a different upload method that is less complex with less browser interaction. Can you give it a try & see if it works better for you?

The drawback is there will be less features like drag / drop, etc...
Bryan
Nick

Post by Nick »

I will try now. I just got back from the Apple Store at 11:42 AM Pacific Coast Time. They said that they can't find the problem. We uploaded photos to other sites no problem. He found a way around for me. I have to go to the Apple website and download the photos from there to my download folder. Then when I select a photo yo upload it works correctly. I will try again now the old way to see if what you changed helped. Thanks for your time Bryan
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Nick

Post by Nick »

Here is where I am :

The way you set it up it appears to help:

I can now click "Add Files" select a photo, click choose, and it uploads. After I fill out all the fields and hit "SUBMIT" it takes forever to load and when it is done it reads an error message comes up "Select an image less than 200KB"

I have not changed anything to make my photos any different than many others that I have successfully uploaded in the past.

****When was at the Apple store the man found on my iPhone that a setting for photos was on "High Efficiency"instead of "Most Compatible" he told me it SHOULD be on "Most Compatible" so the file works with more applications. That High Efficiency is larger file.

While at the Apple store we tried to upload photos to EBay and had no issues with that, if that helps you.
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Nick

Post by Nick »

Can you tell me what I do next. I don’t understand how my photos taken from the same phone a month ago were fine, but photos taken today are too large (200KB)

Is there a way to select all my photos at once and convert them to a smaller size to work with AAPK?

Can you flip a switch that will let me upload the files I have? Lol? Or make some kind of adjustment in your end?

I am grateful for your help Bryan, I am stuck, and have so much new inventory to post. Ha ha I have been trying to solve this on my own for a week before you helped me.
Thanks again
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Nick,

One of the features the standard upload method has is client side image size reduction. In other words, the software asks the browser to shrink the images before they get sent to the AAPK server.

With the AAPK upload setup you are using now, the images are sent in current form directly to server where they are shrunk server side (by AAPK). I probably have a limiter to reject huge images with this method because of other problems they can cause & large amounts of time they take to upload & resources they use.

I plan to work on the image upload software soon so I will hopefully be able to set it up to work better with your setup. If you're able to upload at eBay & other places, I can likely find a way to make it work here for you & others who may face same issue here now or in the future...

In the mean time, you may need to either reduce file size & use upload method you are seeing now or change back to standard method & use the download workaround found @ Apple Store.
Bryan
Nick

Post by Nick »

Bryan can you switch it back to the way it was, and I will see if the Apple store fix works.

If Not I will post again to you and ask the change and I can try reducing the file sizes which would stink, if I had to do one by one.

When you have a moment- please change. I will check back later and try and report back. Thanks again
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Given your current situation, it would likely be most efficient to revert back to the standard upload method, download your files to your downloads folder & be off & running again. I'm hoping that is not a really long process for ya?
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Your upload settings should be changed back to how you were prior to this afternoon ::tu::

Please let me know if you still have problems.

Best,
Bryan
Bryan
Nick

Post by Nick »

Bryan- Its working !!!
I had to retake my photos--wait for them to sync to iCloud -- Then go to iCloud Website, sign in, --select the photos I want- --Download them and then select them from Download instead of photos when uploading to store. I tested it and It worked.
Thanks keep fingers crossed
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
ScubaPilot

Post by ScubaPilot »

New member with newly-approved store. I am having the identical problem described above with regards to uploading images. I've attempted to select them, as well as drag and drop. They never upload.

Using macOS 10.15.4, Catalina.

Any suggested workarounds to upload images?

Thank you, Jim
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Jim,

Could you please try now. I change your settings to use the upload method that is more apt to work for your browser. Would appreciate report that it is or isn't working efficiently for you.

Thanks,
Bryan

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”