Square issues

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
knfcollector

Square issues

Post by knfcollector »

I’ve had issues with the last few Square transactions in that customers said they were unable to enter their credit card numbers which forced me to send an invoice and instruct the buyer to use check/money order in the checkout process for commissions to be collected on the sale. Also I’ve mentioned previously of my hopes that check/money order could be separated into individual acceptance of either check or money order as I prefer not to take checks.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Square issues

Post by Bryan »

Hi Alex,

Can you visit your payment settings page & re-add Square as a "Payment You Will Accept"? (link below)...

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... t_settings

If you get an error doing that, please let me know what it says. If not, please get back to me on that as well.

Thanks
Bryan
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

I think that may have done the trick. I’ll let you know for sure on my next transaction. Thanks Brian.
KNFCOLLECTOR
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Brian, I’m still having issues with customers being unable to enter their credit card in the checkout process with square. I’ve updated my credentials several times to no avail. I’ve also paid my store commission several days ago but it is still showing up as due. Please advise. Thanks
KNFCOLLECTOR
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

knfcollector wrote:Brian, I’m still having issues with customers being unable to enter their credit card in the checkout process with square. I’ve updated my credentials several times to no avail. I’ve also paid my store commission several days ago but it is still showing up as due. Please advise. Thanks
Hi Alex,

I'm putting this priority 1 & should have a concrete fix by next week.

It looks like Square has changed the way it allows 3rd parties (AAPK) to communicate programmatically. The way I had things set up to process transactions appears to be deprecated. ::facepalm::

Drives me crazy as there was no warning, save for your alerts here on the forum.

I think I can modify our setup to utilize a more direct line of communication with Square that should be rock solid & much less prone to change.

I'll report back with progress soon.

Thanks for posting.

BTW ... Your commission balance due should reflect accurately as of 8-30-19.

Best,
Bryan
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Thanks Bryan. If it would be possible and an easy fix to divide the acceptance of checks an money orders to separate entities, I would greatly appreciate it as well. I’m not a fan of accepting checks, as I’m sure others are not as well.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Alex,

As of Wednesday, the Square integration should be working again for you. I still have some testing to do & a bit of clean up work, but a fix has been implemented that should have it working again.

I was not able to do this how I originally had planned as it would involve tinkering with some things in your Square account settings.

I'll be vigilant & try to stay ahead of any further changes Square may make in the future that could break the flow of communications between it & AAPK so that payments will not be affected again in such cases going forward.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Will try to get to the check / money order split request soon.

Best,
Bryan

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”