Picture upload

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
knfcollector

Picture upload

Post by knfcollector »

I don’t know if this is a bug or just not an option. I use my iPad almost exclusively for listing auctions on eBay and in my attempt to list items in my store using it I find I am unable to add images from my photo gallery into the image form to be uploaded. I can take a picture and add to the form but I can find no way to add and upload existing pictures. I have had success with uploading pictures from my kindle fire but don’t like the overall experience of using it for that purpose and rarely use my laptop anymore.

As well I’ve noticed there is no easy way to access the seller dashboard/store from the home page as the drop down does not exist as does not the scrolling store banner in the IPad version of the site. Nor could I find any direct way to access a link to upgrade your membership.

I don’t know if these are resolvable issues or if I just need to utilize other means to navigate the site and store.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Picture upload

Post by Bryan »

Hi Alex,

I've not thoroughly tested the listing process with an iPad. It appears there may be some tweaks that need to be made to enable image uploads in the way you are trying to do it.

I'll try to identify the problem & modify the program to make it work as soon as I can. In the mean time, you may be relegated to using a different device to add listings on AAPK, unfortunately. ::smirk::

Regarding there not being an easy way to access seller dashboard & missing upgrade membership link:

The site displays different ways at various screen widths. I've never really been happy with the display that presents itself on iPad & similar sized devices. I'll work on improving that while i'm at it to make the navigation easier & to be sure helpful links are presented prominently.

Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention ::tu::
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

knfcollector wrote:I don’t know if this is a bug or just not an option. I use my iPad almost exclusively for listing auctions on eBay and in my attempt to list items in my store using it I find I am unable to add images from my photo gallery into the image form to be uploaded. I can take a picture and add to the form but I can find no way to add and upload existing pictures. I have had success with uploading pictures from my kindle fire but don’t like the overall experience of using it for that purpose and rarely use my laptop anymore.

As well I’ve noticed there is no easy way to access the seller dashboard/store from the home page as the drop down does not exist as does not the scrolling store banner in the IPad version of the site. Nor could I find any direct way to access a link to upgrade your membership.

I don’t know if these are resolvable issues or if I just need to utilize other means to navigate the site and store.
I have the same problem on my iPad. The work around that I figured out is to email the photos to yourself and when you send them, choose the medium size file. Then they will load just fine. I think the problem is that the file is too big on your photo’s on iPad. When you try to use those files it just sits and does nothing and usually you end up losing all the information you put into the item you are loading, then you have to reload it all again.
You can use the multitasking doc and open the email in a split screen and then just drop and drag each photo over to the “load image”. Works great once you do that.
Good luck,
SSK
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Thanks SSK. I’ll give it a try.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

knfcollector wrote:Thanks SSK. I’ll give it a try.

Glad to help. I got frustrated by this for a few hours when I first started. One other tip, when you drop and drag the image over to where you load the photos, you don’t have to do anything to get the image to load, if the green circle w/ the plus sign appears. But if you take your finger off the picture before that appears or if you move and it disappears, it won’t load. When that appears just pull your finger straight up and it will load automatically.
It saves a lot of time.
Good luck,
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”