Ability to Sign up For Email List

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Ability to Sign up For Email List

Post by robcelani »

One more for today Brian. I'm wondering if it would be possible to add some kind of email sign up option for buyers or potential buyers? I'm assuming I would use an outside vendor to create and send the emails so I'm not asking for that. I have a email addresses from past buyers but have never asked permission to send them emails. If it was an option in our listings and then maybe during checkout we would be able to collect permission and start marketing our stores using that method.

Thanks!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ability to Sign up For Email List

Post by orvet »

I like that idea. I don't know how much it would require for Bryan to put that into affect, but I think it would be good. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re requesting. If you start emailing potential buyers directly how does AAPK get their percentage of your email sales? Or are you going to sell exclusively through AAPK?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

There is one seller on AAPK that I have bought from in the past who regularly sends me email notices when he adds new inventory to his store. I'm sure he captured my email from a previous sale that he made to me. He does not attempt to circumvent the AAPK store system, he's simply letting his previous customers know there's new inventory they may be interested in.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

philco wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:26 am There is one seller on AAPK that I have bought from in the past who regularly sends me email notices when he adds new inventory to his store. I'm sure he captured my email from a previous sale that he made to me. He does not attempt to circumvent the AAPK store system, he's simply letting his previous customers know there's new inventory they may be interested in.
::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by robcelani »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:09 am Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re requesting. If you start emailing potential buyers directly how does AAPK get their percentage of your email sales? Or are you going to sell exclusively through AAPK?

Ken
Hey Ken, my intention is to market my AAPK store. I do sometimes sell outside AAPK on ebay, forums or other methods. I want more traffic in my individual store so I don't have to use any other platform. The easiest method for me now is directly through AAPK and it is way more cost effective than ebay. Does that make more sense?
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

philco wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:26 am There is one seller on AAPK that I have bought from in the past who regularly sends me email notices when he adds new inventory to his store. I'm sure he captured my email from a previous sale that he made to me. He does not attempt to circumvent the AAPK store system, he's simply letting his previous customers know there's new inventory they may be interested in.
I get those from him as well. Just an announcement that fresh knives are posted.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

robcelani wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:22 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:09 am Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re requesting. If you start emailing potential buyers directly how does AAPK get their percentage of your email sales? Or are you going to sell exclusively through AAPK?

Ken
Hey Ken, my intention is to market my AAPK store. I do sometimes sell outside AAPK on ebay, forums or other methods. I want more traffic in my individual store so I don't have to use any other platform. The easiest method for me now is directly through AAPK and it is way more cost effective than ebay. Does that make more sense?
Yes sir, sounds like a good idea. When I first read the request I wasn’t understanding your intent. I understand what you’re wanting to do now. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Another good idea IMO. ::tu:: I'll try to get to looking into adding something along these lines sooner than later ... As always, I'll have to rank order against other jobs, so may be a while before it can get a lot of attention.
Bryan

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”