Easy way to give a Thumbs up with out posting

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Easy way to give a Thumbs up with out posting

Post by kennedy knives »

I would like to know if AAPK could make it easier to give someone a thumbs up on there post with out posting.
Thanks Gary Kennedy
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Easy way to give a Thumbs up with out posting

Post by Railsplitter »

Similar issues were brought up awhile back when someone mentioned that we should have a "Like" button.

The concept was shot down because there are thousands of members on this forum but we generally only see posts from maybe 5 percent of them. Like buttons and other similar options will only reduce the already low volume of participation.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

::tu::
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

You can however, post a thumbs up without typing anything which is still a form of participation, for whatever it's worth.
Rick T.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kennedy knives wrote:I would like to know if AAPK could make it easier to give someone a thumbs up on there post with out posting.
Thanks Gary Kennedy
::td::
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
kennedy knives wrote:I would like to know if AAPK could make it easier to give someone a thumbs up on there post with out posting.
Thanks Gary Kennedy
::td::
::nod::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Ok looks like I have a mixed group on the subject of thumbs up or down . From what I see there would be more Participation with this . I know that I look at a lot of the forum and don't leave a post but would like to leave a Thumps up or Down. I don't think that I'm by my self on this . It is another way to participate and I think you would see more people doing this . Thanks ::ds:: ::tu:: ::td:: ::shrug::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Don't want to discourage you from posting ideas and thoughts in the future but AAPK isn't FaceBook or BF.

What worries me is disagreeing with you smacks of other venues where the membership jumps all over the new guy for suggesting something no one wants. I hope you don't take it that way.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Good points Jerry.

I want to clarify to all that my first post above was only to point out that similar issues have been discussed in the recent past. My second post was only to demonstrate that a thumbs up can in fact, be posted without actually leaving a comment.

It seems to me that we already have the option to do what is being asked. The only difference is that it's done in the form of a reply instead of clicking on a button.
Rick T.

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Railsplitter wrote:Good points Jerry.

I want to clarify to all that my first post above was only to point out that similar issues have been discussed in the recent past. My second post was only to demonstrate that a thumbs up can in fact, be posted without actually leaving a comment.

It seems to me that we already have the option to do what is being asked. The only difference is that it's done in the form of a reply instead of clicking on a button.
Three clicks vs one.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Ok I do understand I guess I was just lazy and If you don't ask then you don't know . Thanks for all the comment this isn't my first or my last post so don't take it to heart that you might offend me I been collecting for 47 years and have done many a show . Thanks Gary
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Only rarely have I ever exclusively used a thumbs up or a "ditto." 99.9% of the time I prefer to leave some comment, usually relating to what appeals to me about the knife in question. I think this is more rewarding/interesting to the member who took the effort to share his knife(s) with us. Just my 2 cents. I understand others may be more pressed for time.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Quick Steel wrote: I prefer to leave some comment, usually relating to what appeals to me about the knife in question. I think this is more rewarding/interesting to the member who took the effort to share his knife(s) with us.
I feel the same way. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Quick Steel wrote:I think this is more rewarding/interesting to the member who took the effort to share his knife(s) with us. Just my 2 cents. I understand others may be more pressed for time.
Yep me too QS .... Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”