How does a buyer get my phone number?

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

How does a buyer get my phone number?

Post by Boji »

I have had several buyers call me to order an item I have listed. I don't answer unknown numbers. How do they get my number? Is there something I can edit to stop this? Why not email or message me instead? Today I was 100 miles away and driving.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How does a buyer get my phone number?

Post by Railsplitter »

I'm not one of your callers but I'll send you a PM.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Boji are you sure it’s a buyer? I get calls daily both on my cell phone and house phone from telemarketers. Usually someone trying to sell me a vehicle warranty. I have call blocking on both phones but they always call from a different number. I rarely answer unknown numbers - sometimes they leave messages. Either way, I block them but it does no good. PITA!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

People sites?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Railsplitter wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 pm I'm not one of your callers but I'll send you a PM.
Boji wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:57 pm How do they get my number?
Just a little hint good Sir. The PM I sent you is not an inquiry to buy something. Please consider reading it.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Probably via your AAPK store and the internet.

When I go to your store and click on one of the knives, the information that pops up includes your business name (WOP). If I google that, I get a result that shows a phone number for WOP.

edit - I used WOP so that if you edit that out of your listings, your business name won't be in this post.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:57 pm Bonilla, are you sure it’s a buyer? I get calls daily both on my cell phone and house phone from telemarketers. Usually someone trying to sell me a vehicle warranty. I have call blocking on both phones but they always call from a different number. I rarely answer unknown numbers - sometimes they leave messages. Either way, I block them but it does no good. PITA!

Ken
Yes, because they would leave a message because they they wanted to purchase an item but don't use PayPal. So they needed address to send payment.
I just want them to email or message thru AAPK.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Railsplitter wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:26 am
Railsplitter wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 pm I'm not one of your callers but I'll send you a PM.
Boji wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:57 pm How do they get my number?
Just a little hint good Sir. The PM I sent you is not an inquiry to buy something. Please consider reading it.
I replied
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:02 am Probably via your AAPK store and the internet.

When I go to your store and click on one of the knives, the information that pops up includes your business name (WOP). If I google that, I get a result that shows a phone number for WOP.

edit - I used WOP so that if you edit that out of your listings, your business name won't be in this post.
The calls were to my personal cell phone number which I used when I registered here. I went in and deleted it a little while ago. I assumed administration required it but must not as I was able to remove it. I'm only at the business number 18 hours a week so I don't care if people call there.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I have had the cell phone number on my 3 eBay selling accounts for at least 10 years and have had NO calls from prospective buyers. That would be why I felt I could(should) list it here in case administration needed to contact me. Nope, I removed it.

Return to “Member Store Q & A”