In Reducing A Price.......

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

In Reducing A Price.......

Post by Paladin »

When I put in a reduced price on an item it seems to revert to the original price after a period of time. Am I doing something wrong?

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: In Reducing A Price.......

Post by Jeffinn »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:14 pm When I put in a reduced price on an item it seems to revert to the original price after a period of time. Am I doing something wrong?

Ray
Hi Ray,
I just checked my listings with discounted prices and they appear to be okay. It doesn’t seem like you could be doing anything wrong, it’s a straight forward process. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some helpful advice.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Thanks, Jeff. It has happened more than once. It seems like a refreshing process but like you said, it is such a simple process that I can't see what could go wrong.
Hopefully Bryan will weigh in.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Ray,

::hmm::

I cannot think of anything off the top of my head that could be causing this. I'll investigate to see if I'm missing something. Can you provide an item number that has succumb to this phenomenon in the past?

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I’ve seen the same thing happen to knives I put on “sale”. I think it goes back to the original price after 30 days, but not sure.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:47 pm I’ve seen the same thing happen to knives I put on “sale”. I think it goes back to the original price after 30 days, but not sure.
You are correct. Looks like I have sales set to auto expire after 1 month. I have a note in the programming that I did it way back in 2016. I do not recall doing it & I do not recall the reason for doing it ::uc::

Do we want that to be set to never expire or maybe extend to 3 months or something like that? Suggestions welcomed ::tu::

I changed it to 3 months for now with a notice that sale promotions auto expire after 3 months on the add/edit product page where sale prices are set...
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I think 3 months would work better. 30 days rolls around quicker than you think. I reminder that an item is about to go off sale would be nice too, but that might require too much programming.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Bryan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:20 pm Hi Ray,

::hmm::

I cannot think of anything off the top of my head that could be causing this. I'll investigate to see if I'm missing something. Can you provide an item number that has succumb to this phenomenon in the past?

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan,
This one for sure but there were others... 39848. I have lowered it back down within the last few days.

Thanks,
Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “Member Store Q & A”