Seller is not responding

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
S2K

Seller is not responding

Post by S2K »

I recently purchased a knife from the store. Payment was made and accepted as noted in a robo-email from the store. 9 days later, I have no knife, no emails that it was shipped, and no response to my emails to the seller.

What remedies does the store offer? Do I go directly to PayPal?

Thanks
T.J.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Seller is not responding

Post by kennedy knives »

Make it Known who it is then he may Take care of it ,not good ::td::
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Hopefully Bryan will see this...you could also PM Bryan....
My deal when a knife is purchased:
I email and tell them Thanks, speak of the knife a bit
tell them app what day I will ship..........
Then email when I ship so they know when to expect it....
Sounds like you could have a serious problem unless some email lines are crossed somewhere
Good Luck, and to bad it even had to happen

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

S2K wrote:What remedies does the store offer? Do I go directly to PayPal?
Everyone is different, but since you're asking for advise, here's mine:

I would exhaust all reasonable efforts to find out why the seller is not responding first and foremost. There could have been an "unforeseen event" that occurred and it could be the reason for the non reply.

Once you find out why, then take appropriate action in accordance with the situation at hand. In other words, get all the facts first, then take it from there.

That actually happened to me on eBay. I bought an item, waited for about a week and nothing. I emailed the seller several times. Nothing. I contacted eBay to investigate. Only then did I find out the seller had suffered a fatal heart attack and died.

His wife knew of his eBay account but did not understand how it worked. Pay-Pal refunded my money and all was forgiven. That's why I urge you to get all the facts first, then take appropriate action.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

S2K wrote:I recently purchased a knife from the store. Payment was made and accepted as noted in a robo-email from the store. 9 days later, I have no knife, no emails that it was shipped, and no response to my emails to the seller.

What remedies does the store offer? Do I go directly to PayPal?

Thanks
You can go directly to Paypal. That guarantee that they have is to protect you in situations like this. That is one of the things you get when you use Paypal is this protection. That protection does not work if you send money as to a friend. When they don’t get paid the 3.5% fee they don’t protect.
If it were me, I would open this w/ Paypal as soon as you can. You can always go back and pay for the item again if you do get a response from the seller.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm with Mike on this one. Get the facts before you do anything. Contact Bryan and see what he has to say.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
S2K

Post by S2K »

Thanks to all for the input. Without going into details I did find a number online for the seller and spoke with them. They claimed they were cleaned out in a burglary. Yet, they still are selling the model I purchased here, did not notify their buyers, and did not respond to my PMs to them. I'm very close to going to PP now.

I get the small business world, but I think this is just poor service. Would someone please give me Brian's handle so I can PM him?
T.J.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

There could be a problem when you send a seller a message.
A few week back I send a store two messages a week apart and never got a answer.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

S2K wrote:Thanks to all for the input. Without going into details I did find a number online for the seller and spoke with them. They claimed they were cleaned out in a burglary. Yet, they still are selling the model I purchased here, did not notify their buyers, and did not respond to my PMs to them. I'm very close to going to PP now.

I get the small business world, but I think this is just poor service. Would someone please give me Brian's handle so I can PM him?
Bryan's handle is "Bryan".
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

S2K wrote:Would someone please give me Brian's handle so I can PM him?
Bryan's handle is "Bryan". Scroll down any page on AAPK forums, to the bottom of the page and click on "Members". As the owner of AAPK Bryan has made it easy to find him - his is the first name that comes up in the member list. ( He was also the first member! :lol: )

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi TJ,

Could you provide invoice number of this transaction? I will investigate.

If they have not refunded & still haven't received knife, I would definitely open a PayPal dispute sooner than later so that you will be protected.

You can always close it when resolved.
Bryan
S2K

Post by S2K »

Hello Bryan. The INV# is 6662, purchased on 10/25.

Thanks, and nice to meet you.
T.J.
anothersharpedge

Post by anothersharpedge »

I purchased a total of 160.00 case knife and when i received and opened the blade almost fell loose, the backspring was broken. there is no way this could have happened in the box it was shipped to me in, and regardless i have emailed his store ( knivestemplar) several times with no response. then i emailed aapk and they were nice enough to give me his other email. i then emailed it and still no response... i feel like i bought a used car that was described as never used or driven (in my case used or sharpened), and then when i opened the door,,, it fell off! How long should i wait before i contact pay pal and leave him feedback? thanks for any positive way you may have on helping me.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

anothersharpedge wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:55 am I purchased a total of 160.00 case knife and when i received and opened the blade almost fell loose, the backspring was broken. there is no way this could have happened in the box it was shipped to me in, and regardless i have emailed his store ( knivestemplar) several times with no response. then i emailed aapk and they were nice enough to give me his other email. i then emailed it and still no response... i feel like i bought a used car that was described as never used or driven (in my case used or sharpened), and then when i opened the door,,, it fell off! How long should i wait before i contact pay pal and leave him feedback? thanks for any positive way you may have on helping me.
If you've repeatedly not got a reply from the seller I would open a PayPal dispute just so you're protected, and if the seller ever satisfies the problem by taking back his knife you can simply cancel the dispute. The sooner the better! Good luck, that really sucks! 8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

anothersharpedge wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:55 am I purchased a total of 160.00 case knife and when i received and opened the blade almost fell loose, the backspring was broken. there is no way this could have happened in the box it was shipped to me in, and regardless i have emailed his store ( knivestemplar) several times with no response. then i emailed aapk and they were nice enough to give me his other email. i then emailed it and still no response... i feel like i bought a used car that was described as never used or driven (in my case used or sharpened), and then when i opened the door,,, it fell off! How long should i wait before i contact pay pal and leave him feedback? thanks for any positive way you may have on helping me.
You should send Bryan (owner of AAPK) a pm.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
anothersharpedge

Post by anothersharpedge »

WELL NOW I GOT ANOTHER SELLER NOT SENDING MY KNIFE AND NOT EVER EVEN RESPONDING TO ANY OF MY EMAILS! THIS IS GETTING OLD THEIR NAME IS SCAGEL. I HOPE EVERYONE SEES THIS DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CROOK, ITS BEEN OVER 2 WEEKS WITH NOT EVEN A REPLY TO MY PURCHASE, I HOPE BRYAN SEES THIS AND CAN HELP? "SCAGEL STAY AWAY, THATS ALL I CAN SAY!" ITS SAD, HE DIDNT HAVE TO BEG ME TO BUY FROM HIM, WHY AM I BEGGING HIM TO SEND MY PURCHASE OR AT THE LEAST REPLY TO ONE OF MY MANY EMAILS?
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Tim,

Do you have an invoice number for this purchase? Also, how long ago did you first email the seller (Scagel) about this?

Thanks,
Bryan
rcwar56

Post by rcwar56 »

I suggest you buy knives from old rcwar56 as I offer 100% satisfaction on every knife I sell. Doesn’t resolve your current problem but hey I can always use another customer. Good luck to you.

Return to “Member Store Q & A”