Problem w/ customer accepting a counter offer

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Problem w/ customer accepting a counter offer

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Hello, Have a customer waiting on me to get back to her. She made an offer, I countered and she accepted, but when she goes to check out it says item is no longer available. The item is available, not sold to someone else. She reports this has happened on a purchase from someone else before.
What is going on? Need help.
Mark
Sharpnshinyknives
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Problem w/ customer accepting a counter offer

Post by Bryan »

Hi Mark,

Last time a situation like this was reported, it happened because the buyer had a quantity of more than 1 in their cart. If you have inventory set at 1 & she added the knife to her cart twice on accident, it would change cart quantity to 2 which would give her an error message that says the item is not available in the quantity desired.

The quantity field can be easy to overlook.

I would send her a note to double check the quantity field when she visits her cart. If it shows more than 1, she will need to change the quantity field to 1 to proceed. She could also just empty the cart & re-add the item to proceed.

If she is trying to buy the correct item & it is in stock, I really can't think of any other cause for such an issue at the moment.

If this information doesn't help, please get back to me.
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I just thought of a second possibility.

This could also happen if she has a second item in her cart that is out of stock. I'm wondering now if she may have an item in her cart that's out of stock from a different seller that may be causing the issue.

That might explain why she had same problem with a different accepted offer. Maybe had same out of stock item in cart then & now...

Having her completely empty her cart & then having her re-add the item may be the best rout to try.
Bryan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

She may be the same one that it happened to me . Then she wanted me to sell off site and then never completed the purchase .
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thanks for the help. She was also asking me if I could just invoice her through AAPK? I can’t find anyway to issue an invoice.
I try my best not to go around the system, I don’t want to cut AAPK out of any commissions they have coming to them. I appreciate so much being able to sell on this platform. I am very grateful to be here.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Member Store Q & A”